Join the Spark Team
We were born of innovation, springing from the curiosity, imagination and dedication of remarkable scientists and healthcare visionaries. Our shared mission is to challenge the inevitability of genetic disease by discovering, developing, and delivering treatments in ways unimaginable – until now.
We don’t follow footsteps. We create the path.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for scientific exchange with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), education of health care providers and other key stakeholders on Spark gene therapy products, disease states of interest, genotyping initiatives, and clinical research support. The MSL functions as a regional medical and scientific resource who supports the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Spark resources.
• Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key experts, investigators and institutions strategic to Spark’s scientific interests, particularly potential treatment centers of excellence for Spark investigational and/or approved products
• Leads efforts to educate field-based retinal specialists, pediatric ophthalmologists and other key medical audiences about inherited retinal dystrophies (IRDs), the importance of genotyping and scientific data and advances in this disease state area as requested/appropriate.
• Supports efforts to understand current practices in diagnosis, disease state management, patient identification and genotyping for IRD patients among key stakeholders named above
• Acts as liaison to facilitate medical interactions between physicians at IRD treatment centers of excellence and academic and private retina/pediatric ophthalmology practices
• Provides medical educational support to payers, low vision service providers, patient advocacy groups, and other key stakeholders as requested
• Participates in medical congresses, scientific advisory boards, regional events and patient advocacy meetings as appropriate to gather relevant information and support educational opportunities
• Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the Spark Therapeutics treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
• May collaborate with clinical team and CRA s to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in Spark Therapeutics’ clinical trials.
• Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions or other research/educational support requests through appropriate internal processes.
• Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products.
• Maintains clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposia, scientific workshops, and review of key journals. Participation in required internal training, presentations and journal clubs.
• Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
• Represents Spark in a professional, ethical, compassionate, and scientifically credible manner at all times.
• Addresses administrative and reporting needs in timely and organized fashion
• Understanding and ability to implement field medical tactics/activities which include, but not limited to: Disease state, current therapies, outcomes, and basic health economic parameters.
• Ability to operate autonomously within region and manage moderate to heavy administrative duties including travel and calendar management, independently arranging frequent meetings with external stakeholders
• Ability to interpret and translate data and complex scientific concepts into clinically relevant messages
• Understanding of highly regulated pharmaceuticals environment.
• Ability to initiate and maintain relationships with medical community.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills required
• MD, PharmD, PhD (clinical sciences or Healthcare administrative) strongly preferred
• Generally has 5 years of experience as an MSL; rare disease and/or biotech experience preferred
• Specific experience in and knowledge of ophthalmology, particularly retinal disorders, strongly preferred
• Clear understanding of medical practice, healthcare systems and clinical decision-making guidelines as they impact patient care
• Travel 60% or greater, including domestic and international travel as needed.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.