This position is Mon-Fri, 1030-1900
Provides age specific peri-operative nursing care to surgical patients based on the nursing process and approved standards of peri-operative nursing care. Directs and assists members of the peri-operative team in providing such care when professional nursing skills and judgment are needed in order to maintain a safe, aseptic, and cost effective environment to all patients which clearly spells quality and excellence.
- Assesses the physiological, psychological, and psychosocial health status of the infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric age groups in a systematic and continuous manner, to initiate the nursing process.
- Formulates a nursing diagnosis and care plan based on individual patient care assessment needs
- Maintains accurate, concise, legible, and complete records while assuring patient confidentiality.
- Performs in the scrub and/or circulating role a variety of routine/complex procedures with confidence and competence.
- Utilizes equipment/ instruments with standard operating procedures to facilitate expected outcome for patients.
- Participate in Quality and Process Improvements by collecting and monitoring data for performance improvement to produce quality and excellent patient outcome.
- Acts as a resource and role model for staff and students.
- Maintains skills and knowledge through training and continuing education to provide expected standards of care.
- Follows and adheres to department policy/procedure while carrying out duties and responsibilities as identified.
- Provides good customer service by utilizing good communication skills and technical knowledge to ensure U. T. H. E. T and departmental objectives are maintained
- Degree in nursing.
- Preferred: AORN Periop 101
- Prior operating room experience desirable
- License Registered Nurse in Texas.
- BLS certified
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.