Req. ID: 128607
At Micron, we transform how the world uses information to enrich life. The pace is fast, collaboration occurs on a regular basis, and innovation is expected. As a Principal Engineer of NVE 3DXPoint SSD Product Engineering (PE) at Micron Technology, Inc., you will work with brilliant team of engineers to solve complex problems. A successful candidate in this role will be responsible to enable the New Product Introduction by closely working with the cross functional teams such as 3DXPoint device, ASIC and FW teams and assist Qualification and Ramping of cutting edge SSD products. In this role, the candidate will also define training requirements for new engineers, deliver instruction, and assist with data analysis and project management as needed.
- Define and develop high quality and cost efficient 3DXPoint SSD test strategies
- Understand 3DXPoint defect mechanisms and system error recovery features
- Collaborate with system design and eco system teams to develop PCIe production system test suites
- Support manufacturing firmware development
- Closely work with test hardware and test engineering teams to define and secure necessary test fixtures for memory and system testing
- Coordinate High Volume Manufacturing yield enhancement, DPM management and TTR efforts
- Provide technical training and expertise
- Routinely communicate overall product status to leadership and cross functional product team
- Provide guidance through debug and resolution of product related issues
Successful candidates for this exciting opportunity will have:
- A Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Engineer
- Understanding of storage interfaces including PCIe/NVMe, SATA
- Experience with non-volatile memory technologies like 3DXPoint and NAND
- Experience in manufacturing firmware development for SSD’s
- Effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Good multitasking and organizational skills, able to make decisions in complex situations
- Ability to delegate tasks and set priorities in a team environment
- Experience working in a sophisticated technology company
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
Master’s Degree in Electrical and Computer or related discipline
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or submit: Job Information Request Form to: [email protected].
Keywords: Milpitas || California (US-CA) || United States (US) || NVE (Non-Volatile Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-DG1 ||
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.