“Together, we transform lives and communities!”
National Community Renaissance (CORE) is seeking a Assistant Apartment Manager (or Assistant Community Manager) to join our Property Management team. CORE is one of the nation’s largest non-profit affordable housing developers with a 20-year track record in community revitalization. We transform the economic and social future of communities by building quality, affordable housing combined with best practice social services to improve the self-sufficiency of our residents.
National Community Renaissance C.O.R.E. Values:
COMMUNITY – Through our high-quality construction and social services, we build great communities where our residents and neighbors can thrive.
OPTIMISM – We believe in the ability of people to strive for better lives, and we help provide them with the means to achieve their dreams.
RESPECT – We serve our residents, partners, and employees with utmost respect.
EXCELLENCE – We strive for the highest standards in design, construction, property management, and customer service.
National Community Renaissance offers a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan with match, Life Insurance, LTD, FSA, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
About the Job:
The Assistant Community Manager is responsible for assisting the Community Manager in the overall general administration and maintenance of the physical property. The Assistant Community Manager reports to the Community Manager and Regional Property Manager.
- Ensure resident files are maintained in accordance with Compliance and Property Management policies and regulations.
- Assist in marketing and advertising for vacancies in accordance with properties Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plan.
- Assist in maintaining property waiting list in accordance with Tenant Selection Plan.
- Process applications for housing in accordance with properties affordable housing covenants.
- Assist in preparing deposits for banking and making daily bank runs.
- Post resident payments into Yardi in a timely manner.
- Assist Community Manager in preparing management required month end reports.
- Assist Community Manager in maintaining work orders and posting in Yardi.
- Assist Community Manager in preparing office and maintenance supply orders in accordance with approved property budget.
- Working as a cohesive team with maintenance personnel to ensure vacancy turn times are met.
- Prepare late notices and notices to pay rent.
- Assist Community Manager with legal proceedings.
- Assist in showing available units.
- Maintain general office and resident files.
- Take a proactive role in shopping the competition and marketing.
- Assist residents at all times when requested.
- Record traffic in software program on a daily basis.
- Follow up with Guest Cards or a “Thank-You” response within twenty-four (24) hours of the visit with the prospect.
- Respond to all resident complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Must attend company sponsored events that relate to the development of the team, which, from time to time, may include overnight stays at locations away from the employee’s home.
- Other duties as requested.
- Assist Community Manager in maintaining 100% occupancy at all times.
- Ensure residents are provided a clean, safe and well maintained community.
- Maintain positive relations with CORE internal departments.
- Assist Community Manager in processing annual re-certifications within established timelines.
- Demonstrate initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and exercise confidentiality in all areas of performance.
- Encouraged to take company sponsored Tax Credit Specialist (TCS) certification class for professional development. TCS certification is required for promotion to a Community Manager position.
- High school education or equivalent is needed with proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum 1 to 2 years working in property management, preferably in an affordable housing environment.
- Minimum one year working in an administrative position.
- Understanding and comprehension of budgeting.
- Minimum of one year working in a customer service environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Basic bookkeeping and general mathematical principles.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Operate a computer
- Occasional lifting
- Occasional climbing of stairs
National Community Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.