Founded in 1994, SAM, LLC has become one of the largest geospatial services companies in North America and is an undisputed leader in providing geospatial solutions to a wide variety of industries. SAM is a technology leader that offers professional land surveying services, digital aerial mapping, terrestrial, mobile, and airborne LiDAR, hydrographic surveying, subsurface utility engineering (SUE), utility coordination, geographic information systems (GIS), and construction phase services. As part of the SAM Family of Companies, SAM’s partner companies include SAM-Construction Services, LLC (SAM-CS) and SO-DEEP | SAM NC, Inc. SAM is a Top Workplace that offers excellent benefits, professional development, and growth opportunities for employees across a wide range of positions.
SAM is currently searching for a Utility Coordinator based out of our either our Macon or Atlanta, Georgia office. Utility Coordinator’s have a critical role in ensuring SAM clients complete their projects on schedule. The Utility Coordinator assists with the identification, communication, and resolution of utility conflicts on projects of all sizes. Travel requirements are usually less than 20%.
Duties & Responsibilities
- the candidate needs to be able to read, interpret and understand highway and/or linear construction plans, as well as utility installation and adjustment plans
- exercise continual coordination between managers, clients and utility owners to ensure project schedules are met and are in compliance with federal, state and local laws in addition to any other regulations required by the client.
Required Experience – Education and Skills
- Two plus years of experience related to the adjustment/design/construction of utilities for transportation projects
- Position requires strong communication, scheduling and problem solving skills
- Ability to identify and resolve utility conflicts in the most feasible and time sensitive manner
- Great organizational skills with ability to maintain and document records
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of the SAM TEAM is a must
- Proficient with MS Office
- Associates or Bachelors degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or other related field.
- Supervisory experience of projects, personnel and budgets
- Proficient with Excel and Word as well as AutoCAD and MicroStation
- Design/Build experience
A strong mission, vision and values culture is what drives SAM Family of Companies’ success. Our Core Values: Integrity & Ethics, People, Excellence in Service, Safety and Community defines who we are. We are looking for talented people who embody these values to join our organization.
We offer a best in class benefits package that includes company paid premiums for medical, vision, dental and life insurance. SAM provides a VERY generous 401 (k) plan, 401 (k) profit sharing AND performance-based bonuses. Come join our team of professionals that are leading the way for the surveying industry!
SAM is an EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAM and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please contact (512) 685-3556 to leave a message or send an e-mail to [email protected]
SAM, LLC is not seeking nor intends to consider neither unsolicited resumes nor other information on job candidates from third parties, such as recruiters, placement agencies, etc. If, despite this notification, a third party decides to submit a candidate’s resume or other information to SAM and SAM chooses to hire such a candidate, SAM has no obligation and expressly disclaims any liability to provide any remuneration or compensation for the hiring of such candidate.
Surveying And Mapping, LLC (SAM) participates in the federal E-Verify Program.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.