Auto req ID 3251BR
Posting Title Truck Driver-Flatbed-(Regional)
Job Category Transportation & Logistics
City East Chicago
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world.
For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
- Securing freight to flatbed trailer with chains, binders, and straps;
- Reading maps and planning trips;
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections on equipment;
- Completing driver’s paperwork (logs, trip reports, DVIR’s etc.);
- Scheduling maintenance of equipment with the shop.
Key Job Elements Ability to climb onto flatbed trailer
Operate OTR equipment safely
Bind and secure loads
Education / Training Class A CDL license
2 years of verifiable OTR driving experience
- Must have a valid Class A CDL License with a good driving record;
- Must have at least 2 years of recent OTR verifiable tractor trailer experience (Flatbed preferred);
- Compliance with state and federal DOT rules and regulations;
- Engaging personality with a stable work history;
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees and customers;
- Attention to detail with driver’s paperwork;
- Prefer a current TWIC;
- Be able to climb onto and down from the trailer;
- Possess sufficient strength to tie down a load properly.
- Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status – governing plan documents control such benefits..
EEO Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.