We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, self motivated associate who will work on our award winning front desk The ideal candidate would be willing to work a flexible schedule and be available for both day and evening shifts. Schedule may vary based on needs of hotel, vacations, etc. The ideal candidate may also only be interested in being cross-trained on our night audit shift to fill in for vacations if necessary. However, this is not a barrier to hiring should the candidate not be interested in overnight shifts. Please do not apply to this posting if you cannot work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Maine Course Hospitality Group offers many great benefits including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, and vision insurance, a 401K (w/ 100% employer match (up to 5%), great hotel team member discounts as well as friends and family discounts, and more.
The below job description summarizes the Front Desk/Guest Services position at the Waterville Hampton Inn. Job duties vary but will include at least the below description. Again, Candidate MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR DAYS, EVENINGS, WEEKENDS, AND HOLIDAYS. DO NOT APPLY IF YOU CANNOT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENT AS YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
Summary: Responsible for providing the highest level of guest service to all guests in the hotel.
Duties and Responsibilitiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets and assists all guests during arrival and departure.*
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests and complaints.*
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside vendors.*
- Processes all reservations and cancellation requests in a timely manner by telephone, fax or in person.*
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling techniques.*
- Handles the departments accounting system of money, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Balances shift cash and accounts.*
- Operates the department’s cash register.*
- Maintains order and cleanliness of front desk and back office to present a pleasant and professional image to guests.*
- Perform clerical duties to include handling incoming and outgoing mail, faxing, photocopying, and bookkeeping as needed.*
- Acts as manager on duty when manager is not available.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as room inventory, lost and found log, telephone information, log book, and hotel directories; operates telephone to handle customer inquiries, wakeup calls and the paging of guests.*
- Attends meetings as required.
- Follows established safety procedures.
- Provides assistance to other departments of the hotel to contribute to its smooth operation. Assists at the dining room/complimentary coffee station as needed.
- Maintain a clean, pleasant, and professional image to guests and associates.
- Complies with all hotel policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of guests or employees of organization as well as guests one on one to resolve problems.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to perform cash handling skills.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to multitask and change priorities as situations occur. Ability to adapt to unforeseen situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge of computer software and hardware.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- hospitality: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Morning (Required)
- Evening (Required)
- Mid-Day (Required)
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.