The SR Middleware engineer will be responsible for the installation and management of applications. In addition to this the SR Middleware Engineer is responsible for ensuring developed services and data transactions are interacting and communicating between software applications.
Position Responsibilities / Major Duties
The SR Middleware engineer will be responsible for:
- Participates in the design, creation and maintenance of Middleware systems for the enterprise.
- Ensures optimal configuration and performance of the Unix and Linux server environment.
- Setup and install server applications and documenting the long-term maintenance plan.
- Mentor staff and assist with mid and jr level staff training.
- Develops, produces and publishes key metrics. Reviews metrics and provides analysis, insight and needed system adjustments.
- Resolves performance problems; makes recommendations to application teams to improve performance.
- Reviews all designs, construction and unit test plans where applicable.
- Consults with and advises development staff on access to various client / server Applications.
- Plans and executes product upgrades; works closely with applications team and management in order to understand priorities and initiatives.
- Works closely with other Systems Engineering teams in order to provide optimal processing environment.
- Assist IT management with project management and project related task.
- System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) subscriber and advocate; leverage SDLC to ensure project success; participates in development of standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties which are deemed by management to be an integral part of the job, including, but not limited to fulfillment of work schedules, adherence to attendance policies, and other applicable operating rules, policies and procedures.
The SR Middleware engineer must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Monitoring and maintaining Middleware and Software systems.
- Performing requested changes, updates and modifications to Middleware software and data transfers.
- Create SQL queries for IT management.
- Automates routine tasks in order to minimize required support time / resources.
- Must be able to work in with CLI in windows and *nix systems.
- Ability to research technology and help write business case proposals.
The SR Middleware engineer must have in-depth knowledge and experience of the following:
- Expert knowledge in Middleware applications.
- Expert knowledge with networking in relation to server communication and data transactions.
- Moderate knowledge of data structure and application development fundamentals.
- Moderate knowledge of implementing solutions for application backup and recovery solutions.
- Moderate knowledge of project management principals.
- Moderate knowledge of adding or modifying system/user permissions to Applications or servers.
- Basic knowledge of Database configuration and support.
The following experience is considered essential:
- Seven (7) to Ten (10) years’ experience in the Information Technology field.
- Bakery industry experience preferred.
Desired Education is a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field preferred. Technical school class room hours over 720 hours can substitute for one year of desired education. Work experience can substitute on a year by year basis for desired education.
We offer a competitive salary and an excellent total rewards package. Please reply by 01/12/2019. Resumes are active for 30 days. Interested job seekers who successfully complete the series of pre-screening questions and who appear to possess the basic qualifications for this position may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability
If you need assistance with submitting your resume due to a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Joanie Lampkin Stringer at [email protected] or 229 551-3103.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.