Microsoft HoloLens Team is continuing to revolutionize consumer electronic devices and redefining the way people interact with technology. We are a growing design team redefining experiences with epic technology innovation. We will continue to turn our ground-breaking MR hardware and software ideas into reality through shipping first-to-market products.
The Electro-Optical Engineer position requires innovation and passion for display and imaging technology and will develop hardware that will enable next generation technologies.
The position will require working within the display and imaging electronics team to define and develop electronics sub-systems for the Hololens displays and imaging systems. Responsibilities include creating and maintaining documentation such as design description and validation; defining functional tests; hands on work in the lab; designing experiments; collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving and innovating creative solutions;
As a member of the team, the Electro-Optical Engineer will be expected to contribute and participate in design reviews.
- Experience with schematic and PCB design using Cadence OrCAD/Allegro or equivalent.
- Experience designing, fabricating and testing mixed signal electrical systems.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent engineering field.
- Proven track record of taking electronics designs from concept to validated electronics assemblies.
- Ability to perform assembly and rework with small (at least 0402) SMT components.
- Analog, digital and mixed signal circuit design and simulation using spice
- Proficiency with short and long distance serial interfaces such as USB, I2C, SPI
- Schematic capture and PCBA design skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong technical understanding of displays & image quality metrics
- Working knowledge of FPGA’s & RTL coding
- Proficiency in prototype electronics fabrication and assembly
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Secure Screen: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check and credit history analysis upon hire/transfer and every year thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
To Apply to this Job, Please go to the website address given in the source.