We are looking for an experienced Part Time Physical Therapist to join our School-based programs. The ideal candidate is a compassionate healer who is passionate about their students and committed to helping them recover their independence and mobility. Were looking for someone with experience working with a wide range of age groups, who are always ready to learn new techniques to further patient care. The person hired for the Physical Therapist position would partner with new and ongoing students in our schools to create a Plan of Treatment consisting of the appropriate exercises, procedures, and techniques required to promote effective, safe recovery. They will be responsible for coordinating with any healthcare professionals that are working with their patients and referring patients to specialists when appropriate. The right candidate is a patient, compassionate professional who encourages and inspires their patients to work toward greater independence and recovery.
Responsibilities for Physical Therapists
- Perform initial and ongoing physical therapy evaluations according to APTA standards of practice as well as state standards.
- Develop a Plan of Treatment for each patient based on initial and ongoing evaluations including short and long-term goals, collaboration demands of other staff members, and required patient and caregiver involvement.
- Implement a Plan of Treatment on a consistent schedule and adjust this schedule and plan according to patient progress.
- Document patient progress according to approved medical documentation and facility documentation procedures.
- Evaluate mobility, strength, and current level of patient function, while setting goals to improve in these areas that are scaled to patient abilities and realistically attainable.
- Report patient progress to the patient, patient caregivers and loved ones, facility staff, and healthcare professionals involved in ongoing treatment/care of patients.
- Develop a plan for patients following completion of their Plan of Treatment with appropriate in-home care services.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Assist other facility staff members as needed to provide care and create a clean, orderly, and effective environment for rehabilitation and physical therapy.
- Qualifications for Physical Therapist
- Proven record of matching patient needs to treatment plans and proven record of implementing these plans safely and effectively.
- Strong experience administering a wide range of physical therapy techniques not limited to: giving massages; applying physical agents; initiating traction; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, ultraviolet / infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Experience assisting and directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Knowledge of responsible use of School equipment, best practices for equipment use, and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Experience with recommending assistive equipment to patients and outpatient or home health follow-up programs.
- Experience with a wide range of age groups and injuries.
- Knowledge of Occupational Therapy and an understanding of when these techniques can benefit patients.
- A strong sense of empathy, a compassionate outlook on PT, and the ability to motivate students into pushing their limits in a responsible, safe way.
- We are looking for someone with at least 2 years of experience providing physical therapy to students in a fully equipped PT School program facility and who has the following qualifications:
- BS or Masters Degree in Physical Therapy from a physical therapy program approved by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Current Physical Therapy license for the state of operation.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification (with AED).
Location: 6802 McClean Blvd, Baltimore, MD 21234
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 4 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Baltimore, MD 21234: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Physical Therapy License (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply