Sign-On Bonus Available
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA, Patient Care Tech PCT
Department: Med Surg
Schedule: Full Time, Days; 645 AM – 715 PM, every other weekend and rotating holidays
Hospital: Ascension Mercy Medical Center
Location: 1325 North Highland Avenue Aurora, IL 60506
Compassionate, personalized care has a new name. Mercy Medical Center is now part of Ascension Illinois
Ascension Mercy Medical Center Aurora has built a legacy of caring for the community and its residents. Founded in 1911, Ascension Mercy Aurora is a full-service hospital with a Level II Trauma Center, a Primary Stroke Center, and a state-of-the-art outpatient surgery center with minimally invasive robotics technology. We provide comprehensive care in a wide range of medical areas, including our renowned heart and vascular care for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of heart disease.
What You Will Do:
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision.
- Aid with movement and placement of patients.
- Assist patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Report findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Document necessary records.
- Keep patient rooms clean, orderly, and maintains medical equipment
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Emergency Medical Tech credentialed from the Illinois Board Of Division of Emergency Medical Services and Highway Safety obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Intermediate or Advanced also acceptable.
- Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Illinois Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nursing student who has completed one semester of medical surgical nursing is also acceptable.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.
Click Here To Apply