The mission of CoreLife is to enhance the total health of our community by providing a comprehensive, compassionate, and individualized approach to healthcare through the coordinated management of medical, nutrition, exercise, and behavior.
The Medical Receptionist is responsible for providing high-level customer service to all patients and is the general point of contact for all of a patient’s pre- and post-service needs. Responsibilities include scheduling client appointments, greeting clients when they arrive, and helping clients fill out paperwork.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Manage the check-in and check-out process.
- Collect payments and balances on patient accounts; handle medical insurance.
- Schedule appointments, ensuring accurate paperwork and procedures.
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner.
- Keep the reception area neat, stocked, and organized as required.
- Help to prepare documents and charts for the day.
- Clean and maintain the overall appearance of the office.
- Assist in clinical operations to facilitate optimum patient experience, including (but not limited to) weighing patients, and setting up Resting Metabolic Rate testing.
- At least 1 year of medical front office experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Familiarity with medical insurance
- A passion for health and helping others
- A positive attitude
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities :
- Critical thinking to integrate facts, informed opinions, active listening, and observations.
- Customer service skills.
- Decision making, problem solving and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish productive working relationships with multidisciplinary team and support services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form to patients, public and medical staff.
Adherence to CoreLife’s Values:
- Meeting the needs of our patients & ensuring the highest level of patient experience, care, and outcomes
- Treating our patients, teammates, and partners with honesty, respect, integrity, and teamwork
- Challenging patients, teammates, and partners to achieve exceptional results and potential
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bowie, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Medical office experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply