The Registered Nurse is responsible for the quality of patient care provided to an assigned group of patients. Indirectly supervises all nursing personnel assigned to the group of patients for whom he/she is coordinating.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Performs basic patient care procedures/techniques competently, including the administration of medication. Organizes patient care effectively.
- Performs assessment data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on age, physiologic, psychological and cognitive status of the patient. Completes, reviews and evaluates the data collected by caregivers.
- Develops a plan of care that prescribes nursing actions to achieve patient goals. Identifies patient/family learning needs and implements appropriate process from admission to discharge.
- Implements a plan of care, appropriate to the age of the patient, identified by: infancy, toddler, pre-school, school age, adolescent, young adult, adulthood, elderly/geriatric, as described in the department’s policies and procedures. Initiates, delegates and ensures completion of the interventions necessary to accomplish patient outcomes.
- Designs patient teaching strategies.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions of the health care team to progress the patient toward desired outcomes. Continually reassesses all components of patient care based on new data.
- Communicates changes in patient’s condition to appropriate person.
- Charts appropriate observations and adjusts Nursing Care Plan as indicated.
- Assigns personnel & delegates tasks appropriately
- Assumes Charge position as assigned.
- Seeks guidance when indicated.
- Participates in the planning, implementing and evaluation of the interdisciplinary Quality Improvements activities.
- RN licensure
- ACLS for required for certain units.
- Graduate of an approved school of Nursing
- One year experience in department clinical specialty
Primary Location Michigan-Pontiac-McLaren Oakland
Work Locations McLaren Oakland 50 N Perry St Pontiac 48342
Organization OAK10-McLaren Oakland-Hospital
Employee Status Regular
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
On Call No
Click Here To Apply