Kindering, a not-for-profit neurodevelopmental center, has provided comprehensive services for children with special needs and their families for over 50 years! Kindering embraces children of diverse abilities and their families by providing the finest education and therapies to nurture hope, courage, and the skills to soar. We’re dedicated to maintaining a highly trained, licensed and certified team of professionals.
- Kindering was voted one of Washington’s top 15 companies to work for!
- Staff is encouraged to explore their passions and their desired clinical areas of expertise.
- Staff is encouraged to participate in Kindering’s ongoing Racial Equity work.
- Flexible/autonomous schedules and a lot of time off!
- Comprehensive benefits package: employer-paid premiums/HSA contributions/403b matching, more!
Provide physical therapy to children with neurodevelopmental, physical, and/or sensory impairments; educate caregivers in ways to promote achievement of objectives outlined in family service plan: working with children ages birth to three years old.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
· Assess each child’s functional motor skills/abilities/challenges; conduct formal evaluations of performance; design and implement treatment plan in center, home, or community child care as needed; prepare progress reports; review medical reports; seek medical referral, consultation, and advice as necessary; and maintain accurate records of contact for each child.
· Evaluate home, daycare, or school situation through site visits if indicated; educate family/care givers in therapeutic interventions; design and/or assist in developing and ordering adaptive equipment.
· Participate in the development of each child’s total program as part of the interdisciplinary team.
· Make referrals to appropriate community or Kindering Center programs, support groups, and other services
· Participate in Individual Family Service Plan meetings in cooperation with Family Resource Coordinator.
· Provide or support outreach, intensive informing, care planning, coordination, anticipatory guidance for complex health needs, assistance to access services, consultation, resource development, interagency coordination, training, program planning, quality management, and administration to support Medicaid programs.
Required Education & Experience
· Graduate of accredited Physical Therapy Program (B.S. to Doctorate Degree)
· Valid Washington State professional license
· Experience and comfort with interacting with diverse populations
· Looking for additional language proficiency with Spanish preferred
· Strong teamwork skills and ability to demonstrate dependability and punctuality
· Training in neurodevelopmental treatment techniques preferred
· Pass Washington State DSHS criminal history and background check and FBI fingerprint check
· Demonstrate skill in word processing and familiarity with MS Word and Excel
· Possess valid Washington State driver’s license and valid automobile insurance
· Have access to a dependable personal vehicle
· Pass drug and tuberculosis tests
· Ability to show proof of current immunizations, including COVID-19 and MMR vaccine or titer test*
Employee Referral Program
Kindering is always looking for good people, and you can help. Research has shown, and our own experience supports, that new hires who come into an organization through employee referrals are excellent contributors, stay with the organization longer,and are more cost-effective recruits.That’s where you come in! If you know someone who would be a good addition to Kindering, you may be awarded a referral bonus of $500 (less taxes) if you refer a candidate and they are hired. Employees must refer candidates to Human Resources by emailing the referral form and a copy of the candidate’s resume to Human Resource. Please contact us for more details.
Kindering values diverse perspectives and life experiences. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.
*Kindering is subject to multiple executive orders requiring all employees to be vaccinated or apply and be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or medical exemption. As of October 19th 2021, we will require those supervising and providing in-person services to children to be vaccinated and are unable to accommodate any exceptions. For other positions that can be accommodated, employees must apply and be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or medical exemption.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Signing bonus
- Physical Therapy License (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Click Here To Apply