Silverado Hospice, a leading provider of end-of-life care, is presently seeking a Remote Part-time Regional Triage Nurse to join our team in the Irvine, CA!
Hourly Rate: $44-48
Nursing at Silverado is different. Our nurses join Silverado for the culture and the opportunity to build long-lasting relationships with patients, families and associates. As a member of our team, you can take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of your compassion and the many lives that you will enrich. Our Registered Nurse Case Managers enjoy a dynamic environment that focuses on quality end-of-life care delivery.
PROTECTING YOU, PROTECTING OTHERS: We believe our associates, residents, and patients deserve to thrive in an environment protected from COVID-19. At Silverado, vaccines are offered and required for all associates.
Oversees all aspects of the afterhours of assigned hospice programs. This includes, but is not limited to triage patient calls, documenting as appropriate, completing assigned/required workflow in EMR, managing patients symptoms, educating as needed, coordination of services, communication with referral partners, communication with physicians, communication with clinicians, problem solving, and customer service.
- Responsible for the oversight and assigning of on-call / after-hours RN runners for the Hospice sites they support.
- Provide telephonic assessments and/or implements appropriate interventions based on patient’s terminal diagnosis and reported symptoms.
- Works cooperatively with the attending physician, Medical Director, and other members of the interdisciplinary Hospice and Supportive and Palliative Care teams.
- HCHB /EMR Workflow as assigned and required.
- Communicates and acts as liaison with patients, families, and health professionals in a manner that respects confidentiality and dignity.
Education and/or Experience:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, with a bachelors preferred.
- Must have a current state license as a registered nurse.
- Must have a California Nursing License.
- Minimum of one year experience as a RN with at least one year of experience in end-of-life care is required.
- Recommended but not required to be a Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse(CHPNA) CHPNA.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional observational and organizational abilities required with the ability to demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, and mathematical skills as well as other nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Ability to work with dying patients and their families.
- Must possess a sympathetic attitude toward caring for hospice patients and demonstrate an empathetic communication style with patients, families, and associates.
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado is certified as a Great Place to Work and is on the Top 50 Best Workplaces for Aging Services list. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth. Learn more about our Silverado Benefits: http://www.silveradobenefits.com
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.
Click Here To Apply