Ascension St. Vincent’s is looking for a Full-Time CT Surgery to join our elite team!
Why Join Our Team:
About Ascension St. Vincent’s
- Founded in 1898 by the Daughters of Charity, we have the oldest hospital in Birmingham.
- Since then we have grown to include a regional network of healthcare services and facilities which includes five hospitals, a health and wellness facility, outpatient surgery and diagnostic centers, primary care network, home health and hospice, home medical equipment services, behavioral health, wellness services, corporate health services and specialized care.
- The system employs 4,700 associates and has more than 1,100 physicians serving on medical staffs.
- Why Birmingham? Our wonderful climate, tree-blanketed and hilly terrain, and the wonderful hospitality of our people make Birmingham an ideal place to live.
- Outstanding public and private schools, colleges and universities, including a world class medical research university at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
- Birmingham is home to the Birmingham Civil Rights District National Monument, a progressive business climate that fosters growth, a revitalized downtown where people go to work, live and play, and an unparalleled food and art scene that has grabbed the attention of visitors and publications across the world.
- Highest concentration of health care jobs in any of the top 50 MSAs in the country.
- With one of the lowest costs of living of any major metro in the Southeast and more green space per capita than any other city of our size, Birmingham is one of America’s best-kept secrets
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do:
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need:
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO)
Visa Eligibility: None Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Click Here To Apply