Laboratory Technologist FT Days – AdventHealth Durand
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Mission driven organization
- Kind and caring staff
- Family atmosphere
- Competitive wages and great benefits
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that togetherwe are even better.
Schedule: Full-Time Days, 32 Hours/Week
- Day Shift
- Rotating call and every 6th weekend/holiday
Location: AdventHealth Durand
1220 3rd Ave W, Durand, WI 54736
The community you’ll be caring for:
Feel better. Feel whole. Trust AdventHealth Durand, formerly Chippewa Valley Hospital, in Durand, WI, to help everyone in the community enjoy the best possible care. Our hospital is here to help all our Pepin County neighbors experience a life of whole health.
The role you’ll contribute:
Performs routine clinical laboratory tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease which requires independent judgment and interpretations.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
Demonstrates laboratory technical knowledge and skill.
- Obtains specimens according to competency guidelines.
- Determines specimen suitability.
- Prepares specimens for testing.
- Follows procedures when performing technical activities.
- Accurately interpret, investigates, and reports normal, abnormal and unexpected test results.
- Provides proper instruction and orientation for laboratory personnel, other healthcare professionals and consumers.
- Provides bench orientation as assigned for new employees.
- Assists with maintaining compliance with regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Accurately performs maintenance on equipment and routinely restocks supplies.
Provides and assures quality services.
- Performs and troubleshoots quality control per CLIA guidelines.
- Meets standards for competency and proficiency testing.
- Investigates unusual results and takes corrective action as needed.
- Follows policies and procedures for documentation and record retention.
Demonstrates section specific knowledge and skill.
- Hematology and Urinalysis
- Chemistry and Immunochemistry
- Blood Bank
- Phlebotomy, EKG, Holter Monitors, and ABG’s
- Rotate “on call” with other personnel.
Understands routine LIS
- Performs routine functions to do: order entry, access patient specimens, reporting of results.
- Monitors the computer systems on a continuous basis to identify issues or downtime.
- Investigates issues, corrects minor problems and immediately reports complex problems through the chain of command.
- Maintains ASCP certification or equivalent.
- Completes CEU’s as needed.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
High School Diploma of Equivalent
MLT or equivalent and maintains ASCP certification or equivalent
Excellent customer service skills
ASCP certification or equivalent
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Click Here To Apply