RN – MICU
St Vincent’s East – Trussville, AL
: Days; 7am-7pm; 3-12’s with every 3rd weekend
We are offering up to a $10,000 sign on bonus for full time, new hires!
Ascension St. Vincent’s East is licensed for 362 beds and is located just 15 minutes from downtown. It sits between Irondale and Trussville, AL and is the second largest Ascension hospital in the Birmingham area. Situated on a hill overlooking the beautiful community of Trussville, AL, this hospital has a suburb feel which appeals to those outlying communities that prefer not to drive downtown.
St. Vincent’s East provides all the service lines that our downtown hospital provides except for Birth Suites and NICU which is exclusive to our downtown location. It is the home for our only Behavioral Health service line and offers a level III Emergency Department.
- Great location with a suburb feel for those not wanting to drive downtown.
- Part of the largest faith based, not for profit hospitals in Alabama.
- Free and easy parking.
- Longstanding presence in the community.
- Excellent staff that provides care for those in their community.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Click Here To Apply