We are currently seeking multiple Behavior Support Specialists to join our Behavior Health division in multiple locations in Tennessee.
The Behavior Support Specialist provides one on one support to consumers with mental health, Intellectual and developmental disabilities, through behavior activities. These activities are supported through program books and the BCBA Clinician.
- Hours: Flexible; can change with caseload build up; This position is considered Fee for Service. This means that you get paid per the hours of service that you provide. Schedules can change regularly, and hours cannot be guaranteed as they are per consumer need. For these reasons, full time benefits are not an option for this position.
- Hourly Rate: $20.00 per hour
ECF and ECF Choices Services help people gain as much independence as possible. People are supported to live with their family or in the community, not in an institution.
Employment and Community First CHOICES can help the person explore the possibility of working. Services can also help people learn skills for work, find a job, and keep a job. This could be a part-time job, a full-time job or self-employment. Working helps people earn money, learn new skills, meet new people, and play an important role in their communities. Work can also help people stay healthy and build self-confidence.
Other services help people learn and do things at home and in the community that help people achieve their goals. If a person lives at home with their family, the services help the family support the person to become as independent as possible. Services also help people get actively involved in their communities and include peer supports for the person and for their family.
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
- Five years of experience in IDD AND mental health (or willing to complete a training)- with High School Diploma or GED.
- Associates degree in a related human service field and 3 years’ experience in IDD OR mental health.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related human service field and 1 year of experience in IDD or Mental Health.
Click Here To Apply