At Riverkids Pediatric Home Health, you are more than an employee, here you are our CREW members. We are actively seeking an Insurance Authorizations Specialist to aid in obtaining insurance approvals for our patients.
You will work as part of a team under direct supervision of the Sr. Authorization Specialist. This is our entry level position that is responsible for insurance accounts that have a lower volume of patients.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Verifying patient insurance benefits with insurance companies for the purposes of securing initial and continuing authorizations.
- Responsible for obtaining required paperwork necessary to meet each insurance company’s requirements and verifying the accuracy of the paperwork before and after submission.
- You will collaborate with internal departments and multiple branches to guarantee prompt and accurate information is given to insurance providers, therapists, and parents/guardians of patients while ensuring we follow HIPAA mandated policies.
- Interacts with insurance carriers, therapists, and physicians to obtain authorizations and pre-certifications for therapy. Verifies insurance eligibility through internet access to various insurance carriers.
- Documents communications and authorization details for future reference needed for billing, patient health records, or other business needs.
- Maintains general understanding of all necessary forms and requirements for each assigned insurance provider.
- Highly motivated to complete assigned tasks as quickly and thoroughly as possible with little direct supervision.
- Make requests for peer-to-peer reviews in a timely manner so the request is not denied.
- Refers questions or issues outside of scope of expertise to the Sr. Auth. Specialist
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Skills:
- Experience in direct customer service.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone etiquette
- Attention to detail is required.
- Able to work in a high-volume office with hard deadlines.
- Self-starter with exemplary attendance record
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, various web browsers, along with basic computer and office equipment skills.
Education and Experience Preferred: * Spanish speaking heavily preferred.
- Admitting, billing, collection, and/or insurance verification experience
- Previous hospital or physician office experience
Work environment and physical demands:
This position is sedentary. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or listen. The associate may occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Occasionally exposed to moving office machines and mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
Riverkids is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Health Insurance Verification Occupations: 1 year (Required)
- Insurance verification: 1 year (Required)
- Medical billing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply