Sacramento Eye Consultants, a locally revered Sacramento ophthalmology practice, is looking for an exceptional Front Office Coordinator to join our growing team. We are a physician-owned high-volume clinic providing medical and surgical services to the greater Sacramento area. Our partners, Dr. Jacob Brubaker, Dr. Patricia Sierra, and Dr. Samuel Lee have been recognized as top Ophthalmologists by SacTown magazine in 2021. We take pride in our caring and collaborative team and look forward to reviewing your application!
DEPARTMENT: Front Office
REPORTS TO: Front Office Department Supervisor
The Front Office Coordinator is the first point of contact for our patients, patient family members, local physicians and staff, vendors and representatives and, any other person(s) who come through our doors or call on the phone. The coordinator is therefore responsible for ensuring all persons connecting with the Sacramento Eye Consultants office, whether in person or over the phone, have an exemplary customer service experience. The Front Office Coordinator is highly organized, well-spoken, and strives to promptly address any and all patient/customer needs. The team member may also be asked to perform other clerical duties as needed to support operational goals, bench marks, and quality patient care initiatives per departmental guidelines.
1. Efficiently support patients through office check in and check out process
2. Obtain and input (EPIC) accurate demographic and insurance information
3. Schedule appointments with patients over the phone and in person
4. Collect and process patient payments
5. Manage multiple phone lines which include interaction with physicians, office managers, patients, etc.
6. Complete and submit applications for prior authorization of office visits and procedures
7. Monitors reporting data to ensure timely authorization processing
8. Contact and schedule incoming referrals.
9. Send outgoing referrals
10. Complete, maintain and distribute an accurate referral log
11. Attend to patient questions
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. In-depth knowledge of California insurance processes and procedures including eligibility, HMO and, PPO requirements
2. Ability to review and interpret medical documentation including chart notes, surgical operative reports, and procedure manuals
3. Intermediate to advance computer operation
4. Strong organizational skills
5. Familiarity of medical terminology
6. Exceptional customer service
7. De-escalation and conflict management
8. Solutions-oriented and innovative
9. Independent time management
10. Enthusiasm and willingness to help patients and peers
11. Empathetic demeanor
12. Attention to detail
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
2. Two years of experience in a surgical specialty practice; ophthalmology preferred.
3. C.O.A. helpful.
California State Mandate requires all healthcare workers provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- What types of commercial insurances do you have experience with (please list)?
- What types of HMO insurances do you have experience with (please list)?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Ophthalmology: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply