Thanks for your interest in Children’s Mercy!:
Do you envision finding a meaningful role with an inclusive and compassionate team? At Children’s Mercy, we believe in making a difference in the lives of all children and shining a light of hope to the patients and families we serve. Our employees make the difference, which is why we have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top pediatric hospital, for eleven consecutive years.
Children’s Mercy is in the heart of Kansas City – a metro abounding in cultural experiences, vibrant communities and thriving businesses. This is where our patients and families live, work and play. This is a community that has embraced our hospital and we strive to say thanks by giving back. As a leader in children’s health, we engage in meaningful programs and partnerships throughout the region so that we can improve the lives of children beyond the walls of our hospital.
The Burn Team Specialist functions as a professional nursing care provider, consultant, clinical resource, and educator for the care of inpatients and outpatients who present with acute or chronic thermal injuries of varied etiologies, desquamating skin disorders, and complex wounds. The Burn Team Specialist is responsible and accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the care provided patients with these conditions in inpatient and ambulatory settings. The Burn Team Specialist utilizes the nursing process and knowledge of scientific principles to provide comprehensive, age appropriate nursing care for assigned patients. The Specialist assists with department process and quality improvement.
At Children’s Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcomed within our walls. A successful candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create a workplace that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity, inclusion, team and integrity.
Additionally, it’s important to us that we remain transparent with all potential job candidates. Because we value the safety of the patients and families we serve, as well as the Children’s Mercy staff, we want to let you know that the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 vaccines are a condition of employment for all employees in our organization. New employees must be willing to be vaccinated if found non-immune to measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chicken pox (varicella) and/or without evidence of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccination since 2005. If you become a finalist for this position, and have any concerns about receiving these vaccines, medical and/or religious exemptions can be further discussed with Human Resources.
- Provides direct nursing care and/or clinical consultation for patients with thermal injuries or desquamating skin disorders that promotes optimal patient outcomes.
- Provides care coordination and clinical follow-up for patients with thermal injuries or desquamating skin disorders.
- Meets the educational needs of patients with thermal injuries or desquamating skin disorders, their caregivers, and staff utilizing a variety of teaching/learning principles.
- Participates in performance and quality improvement activities and other assigned meetings or burn center related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred for all direct care nurses hired after September 1, 2013. and 1-2 years experience Pediatric and burn experience
- Associate’s Degree Direct care nurses hired after September 1, 2013 without a BSN, must complete their degree within 5 years of their hire date. and 3-5 years experience Pediatric and burn experience
- One of the following: Registered Nurse Multistate License Missouri, Licensed RN – MO required upon hire
- One of the following: Registered Nurse Multistate License Kansas, Licensed RN – Kansas required upon hire
- RN Compact license for all states besides KS and MO
- Refer to Nursing and Advanced Practice Provider Licensure and Certification policy for required Life Support Certifications Required Upon Hire
Our pay ranges are market competitive. The pay range for this job begins at $28.39, but your offer will be determined based on your education and experience.
Remote Work/Work from Home:
This position is not eligible work remotely, which means that the person hired will be required to work onsite at one of our Children’s Mercy locations and may not work from home.
Children’s Mercy hires individuals based on their job skills, expertise and ability to maintain professional relationships with fellow employees, patients, parents and visitors. A personal interview, formal education and training, previous work experience, references and a criminal background investigation all are factors used to select the best candidates. The hospital does not discriminate against prospective or current employees based on the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry or veteran status. A drug screen will be performed upon hire. Children’s Mercy is smoke and tobacco free.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
CM is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our patients and families come from all walks of life, and so do we. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team so we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our hospital stronger and our patient care more compassionate.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for service, you will find a home at CM. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, including education, ideas, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability and beliefs.
Click Here To Apply