We are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) to join our skilled nursing team! Our facility features a fast paced sub-acute and long term care unit. The primary role of the ADON is to assist the Director of Nursing in planning, developing, and directing the functions of the Nursing Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, as well as adhering to the policies and regulations of the facility to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is delivered at all times.
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Nursing in managing the day-to-day functions of the nursing department, in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines of a long-term care facility
- Contribute ideas and support to foster a nurturing and productive nursing philosophy while maintaining department goals and objectives.
- Assist the Director of Nursing with compliance and effective communication between all levels of nursing staff to ensure proper care is maintained for each resident
- Promote positive employee relations, strong customer service ethic and commitment to ongoing staff education and training
- Make recommendations to the Director of Nursing that will assist the nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of residents.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Director as necessary/required, concerning the operation of the nursing service department.
- Participate in the implementation of the facility’s quality assurance program for the nursing service department.
- Participate in facility surveys as requested by the Administrator or the DON
- Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, charting, etc., as necessary
- Collaborate with facility physicians or specialists regarding resident care
- Educate residents and staff concerning health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities as necessary
- Maintain accurate resident medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to residents and their family members
- Serve as substitute DON when necessary
- Performs other related job duties as required
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Qualifications:
- Graduate of an approved School of Nursing is required
- Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing
- At least 3 years of Supervisory Experience
- Experience in Long Term Care
Benefits offered including: Vacation, PTO, 401K, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click Here To Apply