Location: Geneva & Elgin, Illinois
Status: Full-time (36-40 hours per week)
Days/Hours: M-F, hours vary, including evenings and Saturdays (8am – 2:30pm) – no holidays
Responsible for facilitating patient care through the use of the nursing process to patients of Fox Valley Orthopedics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates office schedule and patient flow.
- Greets patients and prepares them for physical examination.Screens patients for appropriate information and documents appropriately.
- Performs patient care including cast application/removal, splinting, post-op wound care, injections, fitting patients for braces and suture/staple removal.
- Prepares equipment, injections, educational materials, and etc. during treatment and examination of patients.
- Educates patient and family members about diagnostic procedures, medications, nutrition, exercise and maintenance of health and wellness.Conducts pre-operative and post-operative teaching, as appropriate.Coordinates osteoarthritis/DJD seminars.
- Performs telephone triage, assesses needs and coordinates patient needs with medical staff, suggesting solutions to patient care crisis problems and complaints.
- Formulates and updates nursing care plans as needed.
- Assists patient and family members in obtaining prescription refills and test results.
- Communicates and interprets physician’s orders and instructions to patients.
- Assists physicians in completing medical records concerning relevant medical history, diagnosis, and current treatment plans and documents appropriately.
- Coordinates pre-operative and post-operative care.
- Ensures accurate documentation of EMR / MU.
- Manages Coumadin clinic.
Education & Experience
BSN and a current licensed RN in the state of Illinois. CPR certification and ONC preferred. A minimum of one (1) plus years of professional nursing experience, preferably in an Orthopedic setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply