Who we are:
La Rabida Children’s Hospital is the only hospital of its kind in Chicago. As an acute care specialty hospital, we focus on treating those with complex medical conditions, chronic illnesses, developmental disabilities, abuse and trauma. La Rabida is a place unlike any other. We understand the needs of families with children battling the most serious or complicated of conditions. With teams of the best healthcare providers in Chicago, we give continuous, comprehensive care, education and support, helping families face their unique obstacles head on.
La Rabida offers rewarding job opportunities across a wide array of clinical, administrative and support service functions. If you’re ready to work for an organization where caring is a way of life, you’ve come to the right place. Oh, and the lakefront views are spectacular too!
Full-time, Monday- Friday, some weekend shifts
The Physical Therapist is responsible for the evaluation and treatment of motoric dysfunction within the context of pediatric chronic illness and development disabilities. Services are provided to inpatient outpatient and physician clinics.
- Evaluation of patients and interpretation of referrals
- Treatment of patients
- Team leadership/case management/Team membership
- Fabrication of/ordering of equipment
- Family (caregiver) teaching
- Hospital rounds/patient care conferences/Clinic consultations
- Participate in section/department business
- Supervision of PTAs, aids, volunteers, students/precept new staff
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy; Master’s or Doctorate preferred
- Pediatric experience required; prefer anything with children’s organizations
- Current Illinois PT license; EI credential preferred.
- In certain circumstances we will consider a GPT (graduate physical therapist) who has successfully graduated the PT program, and is waiting to sit the Illinois licensure board exams. A GPT, must use the credential of GPT and be under the supervision of a licensed PT who co-signs all of their documentation.
- CPR required: Only certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross will be accepted.
Conditions of Employment Required to demonstrate full vaccination status for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) authorized or FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine; OR Qualify for a reasonable accommodation for an exemption from vaccine requirements based on a medical disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief. Additional information and instructions regarding how to request a reasonable accommodation will be provided on request at the time of selection.
What you will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Plan – plan for your future and life after La Rabida with our tax deferred 403b plan which matches your bi-weekly contributions and has an additional annual contribution based on your W-2 earnings.
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) – we make sure employees have the time they need to recharge and be the best versions of themselves!
- Tuition Reimbursement – looking to continue your education achie
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Case Management
- Diseases And Disorders
- Health Care
Click Here To Apply