TTS Dialysis Nurse – Glendale, WI
Concerto Renal Services is an industry leader in nursing home dialysis. We are a rapidly expanding business with a simple mission: reimagining dialysis care, one community at a time. Our model focuses on ensuring those with end-stage renal disease receive the best possible care through a more convenient, centralized, continuous care model.
Concerto is seeking a Dialysis Nurse to join its team! The Dialysis Nurse supervises dialysis care in accordance with policy, procedure and training and in compliance with state and federal regulations. Assures responsibility for the unit and works collaboratively with members of the hemodialysis healthcare team. Supervises care given by dialysis technicians while assuming a ‘hands on’ role and fostering a team approach to patient care.
- Provides customer service to all external and internal customers including patients/family, staff, physicians, and long-term care staff.
- Provides continuous education to patients regarding their renal disease, vascular access, dialysis therapy and other health related conditions.
- Delegates tasks to dialysis technicians in order to provide safe and effective delivery of dialysis therapy as prescribed.
- Directs dialysis technicians using compliance standards, policy and procedures, as well as regulations set forth by state and federal agencies.
- Provides, supervises, and monitors hemodialysis care according to policy and procedure.
- Ensures and verify accuracy and timely documentation by the dialysis technician.
- Perform pre and post treatment assessments, documents interventions and response to interventions performed.
- Assess patients’ response to hemodialysis therapy, making appropriate adjustments to the treatment plan as prescribed.
- Ensures lab specimens are properly obtained and packaged according to Department of Transportation (DOT) policies and procedures.
- Collaborates and communicate with other members of the hemodialysis health care team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate care provided to the patient.
- Ensures all relevant data including physician orders, lab results, medication administration, admission/discharge data, treatment parameters and patient condition are all documented appropriately, according to policy and entered into electronic medical record.
- Reviews lab results timely and report critical data to the physician.
- Ensure timely completion of patient assessments and care plans.
- Maintains overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Administers medication as prescribed and completes appropriate documentation.
Job requires walking, standing for long periods, stooping ad bending. Must be able to do light lifting of at least 25 lbs. Requires close mental, visual and auditory attention to patient. Work environment is characteristic of health care facility with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be exposed to infectious and contagious disease/materials.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wisconsin
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience
- Dialysis experience required
- Certifications: CPR certified
Why work at Concerto?
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits
- 401k match of 50% up to 6% of salary
- Paid holidays
- Discounts through PerkSpot
- Employer Paid Employee Assistance Program
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click Here To Apply