This position is responsible for processing all release of information (ROI) specifically medical record requests in a timely and efficient manner ensuring accuracy and providing customers with the highest quality product and customer service. Associate must at all times safeguard and protect the patient’s right to privacy by ensuring that only authorized individuals have access to the patient’s medical information and that all releases of information are in compliance with the request, authorization, company policy and HIPAA regulations. This is as intermediate level position with at least 1 year related HIM experience. In addition to HIS I Foundation, HIS II is responsible for training HIS I staff and providing reports to manager and/or the facility.
At Ciox Health, people are most important to us. We strive to have a positive impact on each individual in regard to their personal health information. If you’re looking to make a difference in the lives of many, please join the Ciox Team!
Opportunity to work a full-time schedule. Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM EST (with possible overtime)
Working onsite at medical facility in the Atlanta, GA area; Atlanta GA 30303
Receive full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K, tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off (including major holidays)
- Virtual and in-person training
- Opportunity for growth within the company
- Preferred understanding of HIPAA requirements for releasing medical records and medical record requests
- Brand ambassador for client relationships
- Copy medical records to CD
- Use Microsoft Office products to perform job
- Use multiple screens on computer
- Handling inbound and outbound calls, email, fax and other administrative tasks
- Assisting walk up patients and/or clients
What We’re Looking For:
- Great customer service skills
- Administrative/clerical experience
- Previous experience working in a medical office environment (preferred, not required)
- Willingness to learn and grow within Ciox Health
- Receive and process requests for patient health information in accordance with Company and Facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality and security with all privileged information.
- Maintain working knowledge of Company and facility software.
- Adhere to the Company’s and Customer facilities Code of Conduct and policies.
- Inform manager of work, site difficulties, and/or fluctuating volumes.
- Assist with additional work duties or responsibilities as evident or required.
- Consistent application of medical privacy regulations to guard against unauthorized disclosure.
- Responsible for managing patient health records.
- Responsible for safeguarding patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Prepares new patient charts, gathering documents and information from paper sources and/or electronic health record.
- Ensures medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete.
- Creates digital images of paperwork to be stored in the electronic medical record.
- Responds to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources, retrieving them and transmitting them appropriately.
- Answering of inbound/outbound calls.
- May assist with patient walk-ins.
- May assist with administrative duties such as handling faxes, opening mail, and data entry.
- May schedules pick-ups.
- Assist with training associates in the HIS I position.
- Generates reports for manager or facility as directed.
- Must exceed level 1 productivity expectations as outlined at specific site.
- Participates in project teams and committees to advance operational strategies and initiatives as needed.
- Acts in a lead role with staff regarding general questions and assists with new hire training and developmental training.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Ability to commute between locations as needed.
- Able to work overtime during peak seasons when required.
- 1-year Health Information related experience.
- Meets and/or exceeds Company’s Productivity Standards
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Comfortable utilizing phones, fax machine, printers, and other general office equipment on a regular basis.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Detail and quality oriented as it relates to accurate and compliant information for medical records.
- Strong data entry skills.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision responding to changing priorities and role needs.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Able to respond to requests in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous production/metric-based work experience.
- In-person customer service experience.
- Ability to build relationships with on-site clients and customers.
- Comfortable bringing new ideas, process improvement suggestions, and feedback to internal stakeholders.
Working conditions & physical demands
Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Must have the ability to stand and sit frequently throughout an eight-hour period, reach horizontally and vertically for overhead use. Must be able to use a telephone or headset equipment. Incumbent must be able to lift 20 lbs., perform work at a computer terminal for 6-8 hours a day, and function in an environment with constant interruptions. Reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities. Limited travel may be required.
To ensure the safety of patients and staff, many of our clients require post-offer health screenings and proof and/or completion of various vaccinations such as the flu shot, Tdap, COVID-19, etc. Any requests to be exempted from these requirements will be reviewed by Ciox Human Resources and determined on a case-by-case basis. Depending on the state in which you will be working, exemptions may be available on the basis of disability, medical contraindications to the vaccine or any of its components, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, and/or religion.
For remote work, this position requires that you provide a high-speed internet connection, subject to applicable expense reimbursement requirements (if any), and a work environment free from distractions.
With very limited exceptions (medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs that prohibit you from getting the vaccine), one of the requirements for this job is that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Except for states where legally prohibited to enforce mandates.
Click Here To Apply