Looking for a dynamic job opportunity that makes a difference? Consider a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross.
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growing, learning, and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician with the American Red Cross you will work at our fixed sites using automated phlebotomy procedures. To prepare for the role, you’ll receive paid training, which is a mix of classroom instruction and field practice.
To be considered, you MUST apply online using this URL:
- Balance production, donor care, and quality requirements to meet daily blood collection goals.
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation.
- Be detail-oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
- Remain flexible to work a highly variable schedule that includes early start times, late end times, weekends, and holidays to meet the needs of our blood drive sponsors and donors
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist-Apheresis Technician describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- Minimum one year of documented satisfactory performance in phlebotomy or equivalent position or equivalent experience is required.
- Customer service experience, effective verbal communication, and public relations skills are required.
- A current valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift, push or pull heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs, good manual dexterity, the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time and adapt to long, irregular hours, and frequent schedule changes is required.
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
Click Here To Apply