Help saves lives every day with a phlebotomy career at the American Red Cross. No experience is needed!
Join the Red Cross Biomed Team!
At the American Red Cross, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission. When you join our Biomedical team, you can help save lives every day. You’ll be part of a like-minded team that shares a passion for making a difference and a work environment that supports growth, learning, and succeeding.
About this Role
As a Phlebotomist, you’ll use your compassion and customer service skills to collect lifesaving blood donations from our volunteer donors and ensure they have the best experience possible. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your skills and career within the nation’s top humanitarian organization.
To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/lifesavingrole
- Take the time to personally connect with donors – listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again.
- Be detailed oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused.
- To best meet the needs of our donors and community, Phlebotomists work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Phlebotomist describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays. Overnight travel may be required.
- A current, valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
- Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions.
- Basic computer skills are desirable.
The American Red Cross requires all new hires be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. This means that all individuals working for the organization must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start of their employment OR have begun the vaccination process prior to their start date. Upon being offered a position, individuals will be required to submit proof of vaccination. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons, you may qualify for an exemption. If seeking an exemption, you will be required to submit documentation and your request must be approved prior to hire.
About American Red Cross:
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.The American Red Cross is part of the world’s largest volunteer network found in 187 countries.
Click Here To Apply