LOCATION: BAYLOR SCOTT & WHITE
DEPT: MARBLE FALLS FAMILY MED
SCHEDULE: PRN FLOAT DAYS
The Medical Assistant Float, under general supervision, performs various patient care services to include some delegated medical procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Serves as a float pool resource to various clinics within designated, local region.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assists and accompanies patients from waiting room and prepares patients for examination.
- Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs (e.g., pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height) and records or inputs information to patient’s medical record.
- Collects, labels and delivers specimens to the laboratory
- Participates in performance improvement activities as they are available.
- Attends in-service education, as required.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Able to travel regularly to various clinics within designated, local region and complete duties within scope as assigned.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Excellent bedside manner and ability to make patients feel at ease. Appears friendly, reassuring and approachable to patients.
- Able to take instruction from a doctor.
- Familiarity with medical charts and records.
- High attention to detail.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION – H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE – Less than 1 Year of Experience
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Click Here To Apply