General Summary Statement
Responsible for general office management, clerical and receptionist duties on the Nursing Unit. Facilitates order entry and processing. Coordinates administrative support activities.
Adheres to Nursing Policies and Procedures and Organizational Goals and Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communications and Customer Service
1. Welcomes and greets patients and visitors to the unit.
2. Demonstrates pleasant, professional communication skills when speaking with patients, visitors, nursing staff, physicians, volunteers and personnel from other departments.
3. Answers the phone promptly using proper telephone etiquette. Identifies self and unit. Refers phone calls to appropriate person and is reliable with messages.
4. Assists visitors find patient rooms, staff members and other resources.
5. Facilitates transport of patients at discharge.
6. Facilitates the patient belongings process as needed, including that the hand-off of belongings occurs at admission, transfer and discharge.
7. Facilitates calls to physician on behalf of nurses, avoiding duplication.
8. Demonstrates correct use of communication systems such as intercom, pager system, phone functions, pneumatic tube, and other department based systems.
9. Uses unit specific communication tools and applies to practice. Checks email regularly and posts items at the request of nursing leadership. Seeks clarification from Nurse Manager or Director as needed.
10. Performs follow up phone calls to patients if requested by nursing leadership.
11. Performs customer service rounding and surveys for patients upon request of nursing leadership.
12. Answers call bells in a timely manner and communicates needs to responsible staff, or handles themselves if a simple request.
13. Follows up to ensure that call bells have been addressed.
Education Training and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent. Training and/or experience at an acute care facility or student nurse with hospital based clinical experience. Knowledge of medical terminology. Previous secretarial skills preferred. Training and/or experience at an acute care facility or student nurse with hospital based clinical experience. Computer skills required: keyboard, mouse use. Ability to complete data entry on clinical documentation screens. Ability to use email, and internet. Ability to successfully complete on the job training for CCH computer programs. Ability to speak, read, write and understands English.
CPR certification required. Certified Nursing Assistant desired, but not required.
Work Environment and Hazards
Risk of exposure to communicable diseases and potentially hazardous materials and body fluids. May become involved in crisis situations.
Work Contact Group
The Chester County Hospital personnel, physicians, patients, and their families.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life’s Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply