Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.
Assures appropriate, cost effective and safe respiratory care is provided to all patients.
- Develops and implements policy and procedure manual and assures staff education and compliance.
- Develops, monitors, and reports quality management process improvement in all departmental areas.
- Assures compliance with JCAHO, state and federal regulations.
- Assures that the arterial blood gas laboratory is maintained in accordance with all state and federal regulations and that proper data is maintained for quality control and inspections.
- Responsible for a staff of at least 40 or more full-time equivalents (FTEs) in an individual or multiple departments.
- Coordinates the scheduling and staffing for both inpatient and outpatient procedures diagnostic testing, and critical care transports.
- Recruits, interviews, select, evaluate, and counsels staff.
- Prepares operational and capital budgets – coordinates expenditures, orders supplies, and reconciles charges.
- Prepares administrative and financial reports.
- Acts as a liaison between medical staff, administration and other departments.
- Remains current in fields of responsibility.
- Manages various personnel functions including hiring, work assignments, coaching plans, and disciplinary actions.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
Participates in interdepartmental committee work.
Organizes, prepares and presents educational programs for the department, hospital and community.
Reviews productivity standards, develops inventory control systems, coordinates payroll, participates in the risk management of the department and other departments, responsible for assuring that all staff are current with clinical competencies, mandatory
education, certifications, and employee health regulations.
The manager is also responsible for the development of new clinical services including purchasing equipment and training staff
through an interdisciplinary approach.
Acts as a liaison to facilitate access to clinical training facilities, corporate education and community.
Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Care, Cardiopulmonary Sciences, Business Administration, Health Science Administration, or other related area of study.
Maintains current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) license in the state of Florida.
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
Five (5) years’ experience as a registered respiratory therapist, including one (1) year of leadership experience in an acute care respiratory unit
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply