PruittHealth is a COVID-19 vaccine-mandated employer. All new Partners are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or be willing to get vaccinated within 30 days of employment. We will consider medical and/or religious exemptions on a case-by-case basis.
The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing and interpreting laboratory tests in the clinical laboratory.
1. Assist Laboratory Manager with daily lab functions.
2. Maintains a quality control program appropriate for testing performed in the lab.
3. Ability to implement, initiate, update and perform clinical laboratory procedures according to proper standards and regulations
4. Documents Quality Assurance.
5. Resolves technical problems and takes remedial actions whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performed specifications.
6. Reviews all QC and maintenance logs.
7. Helps ensures safety for all personnel in the lab.
8. Participates in regular proficiency testing programs appropriate for the lab testing done.
9. Maintains all appropriate laboratory paperwork and keeps copies for 2 years.
10. Maintaining/troubleshooting laboratory equipment and computer systems, ensuring accurate and reliable results.
11. Ordering and maintaining testing supplies and equipment.
12. Performs laboratory testing such as chemistries, hematology, immunoassay testing.
13. Assists in new staff training.
14. Has a general understanding of the LIS function.
15. Handles laboratory data collection systems and equipment to ensure requests for laboratory tests are properly ordered, cancelled and charged.
16. Correctly identifies all patients to avoid mistakes that can affect treatment.
17. Performs specimen processing, preparation and distribution of specimens
18. Maintains a constant awareness of policies, and procedures. Always ensuring enforcement of infection control processes when working with or around patients.
19. Effectively communicate with patients, reassuring them, making them feel at ease when you are present. Effectively communicates on the phone and face to face by being courteous, prompt and polite. Ability to document all information correctly
20. Responsible for keeping all work areas clean and properly stocked.
21. Handles information with discretion and always maintains confidentiality.
22. Coordinates and consults with lab manager regarding lab related issues.
23. Able to work independently and in a team environment.
24. Comply with all OSHA, CLIA, and federal regulations.
25. Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
26. Other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Incorporates the use of technology into day-to-day tasks by using Outlook, LIS, MatrixCare and other electronic systems effectively and accurately.
2. Ability to analyze work methods to effectively organize work, make improvements,
and correct problems
3. Ability to effectively communicate and work efficiently with administration, mangers, supervisors, partners, and co-workers.
4. Supportive of the goals and objectives of PruittHealth.
5. Represent PruittHealth in a professional manner related to appearance, communication, and the maintenance of patient confidentiality.
6. Attendance and punctuality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Computer- must be proficient with Microsoft office and other software programs
2. Participates in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
3. Attends and participates in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes
in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification, as required.
4. Attends and participates in mandatory in-services.
5. Honors patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
6. Complies with corporate compliance program.
7. Reports job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
8. Follows established safety regulations, to include fire protection & prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
9. Follows established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. A.S or A.A degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from an accredited program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. 1 year experience preferred but not required.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
1. ASCP, AAB or AMT (must be current)
Ability to pass a standardized color blindness test
Requires standing for long periods of time. Working in a laboratory environment.
Bending and stretching required. Ability to lift five to ten pounds. Working in a fast-paced environment and use of telephone and computer are required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
At PruittHealth, Committed to Caring isn’t simply a tagline, it’s the way we do business and it’s ingrained in our culture. At PruittHealth, we don’t hire employees – we welcome partners!
Since its inception in 1969, PruittHealth has been a family-owned innovative organization committed to providing exceptional care across a wide spectrum of services including: skilled nursing care, assisted & independent living, home health care, end-of-life hospice care, rehabilitation, pharmacy/infusion services and more.
Today, the organization is the 14th largest skilled nursing provider in the United States, spans across the Southeast, touches 170 communities, cares for 24,000 patients daily, and is driven by 16,000 passionate partners.
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click Here To Apply