At Northwestern Medicine, every patient interaction makes a difference in cultivating a positive workplace. This patient-first approach is what sets us apart as a leader in the healthcare industry. As an integral part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to join our quest for better healthcare, no matter where you work within the Northwestern Medicine system. At Northwestern Medicine, we pride ourselves on providing competitive benefits: from tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness to 401(k) matching and lifecycle benefits, we take care of our employees. Ready to join our quest for better?
The Clinical Care Manager reflects the mission, vision, and values of NMHC, adheres to the organizations Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance Program, and complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides clinical staff with cardiovascular service environment that supports their professional practice, health and well-being.
- Coaches and mentors and develops staff in their professional practice.
- Advances professional practice through education and certification.
- Facilitates onboarding of new staff.
- Promotes development of staff through by creating individualized development plans.
- Partners with other health professionals and leadership in supporting the patient experience.
- Collaborates in the development of annual performance evaluations.
- Collaboratively manages the disciplinary process when appropriate.
- Serves as the clinical expert for the specific patient population and is accountable for the implementation evidence based practice.
- Advances patient care through the implementation of evidence based practice.
- Collaborates with medical/clinical leadership in care coordination.
- Ensures sustained Control phase of DMAIC for all process improvement initiatives.
- Attends Clinical Care Evaluation Committee (CCEC).
- Designs and implements clinical protocols and quality improvements.
- Maintains and improves the department or units quality of care and/or service.
- Promotes innovation and research to advance care patient care models.
- Encourages, mentors and coaches staff in advancing innovation through research and evidence.
- Attracts, develops, and retains exceptional care givers and provides those care givers with an environment that fosters excellence through continuous learning.
- Collaborates with Human Resources and other managers to ensure appropriate staffing.
- Advances innovative retention strategies for staff.
- Collaboratively manages the disciplinary process when appropriate.
- Facilitates the annual performance review process
- Ensure application of staffing tools.
- Clearly identifies the internal and external customer(s) for their unit or service area and their respective requirements/expectations.
- Actively seeks methods of concurrent and retrospective feedback from customers, listens to customer feedback and implements solutions and/or interventions as appropriate.
- Translates organizational vision into a unit or service area vision that engages staff in contributing to and achieving that vision.
Coaching and Development:
- Provides daily, just-in-time feedback to improve performance and self-esteem of staff.
- Tracks coaching discussions and actual performance of associates to ensure accountability.
- Seeks ways to match staff members talents and career interests with organizational opportunities.
- Continually examines ways to improve business relationships with customers, suppliers, community, etc.
- Seeks and is open to new ideas from a wide range of sources; encourages others to share knowledge and best practices.
Additional Key Functions:
- Assumes 24-hour accountability for quality of patient care, human resources and departments functions.
- Ensures all staff and shifts have appropriate supervision and monitoring to ensure effective, safe, efficient, productive and high quality operations.
- Ensures a safe high quality work environment for the delivery of care and services.
- Utilizes appropriate resources within the institution, division and department to provide consultation education, technical or informational services as needed to self, staff and other personnel.
- Maintains technical and clinical standards consistent with the professional and regulatory agencies applicable to areas providing management oversight.
- Adheres to and ensures staff adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Designs and structures positions in accordance with the hospitals organizational framework and to implement each departments mission and strategy on behalf of patients, physicians and other customers.
- Ensures all staff are trained and developed in all aspects of operations to optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops and implements strategies to meet targeted goals for each department’s specific turnover and vacancy rates.
- Develops and executes recruitment and retention plans as needed for each department.
- Collaborates with system partners providing cardiovascular services (i.e. Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital).
- Collaborates with other managers in the delivery of crossover services in all locations.
- Ensures the development, delivery and maintenance of technical in-service and continuing education programs to ensure the continuing evolution of staff competence.
- Models appreciation for diversity.
- Creates an environment of strong morale and motivated professionals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with all customer including staff, physicians and vendors.
- One of the following degrees: Bachelors degree in nursing from an accredited school/college of nursing OR degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois OR current license as an Advanced Practice Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Progressive leadership with two-three years of management experience.
- Clinical professional expertise.
- Demonstrates personal alignment with NMH’s core values of integrity, excellence, patients first, and teamwork.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills, with ability to confront and resolve issues.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the activities of others.
- Masters degree
- Cardiology or Cardiac Surgery clinical experience.
- Certification as an Advanced Practice Nurse by a national certifying body as approved by the Illinois Department of Regulation APN Board OR Masters degree from an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Current license as a Physicians Assistant in the State of Illinois.
- Certification in area of specialty or administration.
Northwestern Medicine is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click Here To Apply