Will operate a manual shift tandem dump truck with a capacity of at least 26,001 GVW on public streets and highways as well as construction sites to transport and deliver construction material or equipment to job sites. May be required to load and unload trucks. Must have valid CDL Class B and a valid Virginia Driver‘s license, Hazmat, and Tankers endorsements are a PLUS. Must be able to pass and maintain VADOT physical requirements. Must have and maintain an appropriate Motor Vehicle Record MVR.
- Have and maintain a valid and current Class B Commercial Driver‘s License and any applicable endorsements.
- Have and maintain a valid and current Medical Certification as required by VADOT.
- Climb on, over, and around a company vehicle in order to perform Pre-Trip and Post Trip vehicle inspections as well as to secure loads.
- Climb up and down the truck using a ladder.
- Lift truck hoods, product or equipment, and tools necessary to perform inspection, repair, loading, and unloading of trucks.
- Support and assist shop personnel with any required repairs.
- Wash trucks, clean truck cabs, climb up and down truck washing facilities.
- Work outside on the ground with the crew when required for extended periods during all seasons of the year.
- Operate the vehicle in a safe, lawful, and courteous manner at all times.
- Keep vehicle, cab interior, and exterior clean and free from debris.
- Read road signs and follow written or verbal directions.
- Maintain contact with appropriate managers by radio, or telephone to inform them of delays, problems, or unusual situations.
- Work long, flexible hours as required including Saturdays.
- Maintain and keep any operator logs and or other documentation as required.
- Perform additional duties as required or directed by their immediate supervisor or other manager.
ASK ABOUT OUR SIGN-ON BONUS!!
- CDL B Drivers’ License.
- Minimum 3-years CDL drivers’ experience. (Required)
- Must have a minimum of 3 years dump truck driving experience.
- Current medical card required.
- A good work ethic a must with regular and constant attendance.
- Heavy physical effort required including climbing, pulling, and lifting or moving heavyweight material with occasional lifting or moving materials or equipment (over 80 pounds). If a position-specific Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in more detail the physical demands that are required.
- Position requires the ability to continuously work around noise, dust, heat, cold, oil, and heavy equipment. Position requires the ability to communicate clearly and the ability to receive and evaluate detailed information and instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position. All employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability are available for employees to elect at a cost. Employee Stock Ownership Plan and 401(k) are available after one year of service.
GNS, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, or status as a Vietnam Era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal and state laws. GNS, Inc. complies with applicable local, state, and federal laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to: hiring, placement, promotion, termination, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
About George Nice & Sons, Inc.:
George Nice and Sons, Inc. is a full-service construction company specializing in commercial and residential development and support projects. Although a large percentage of our work is currently conducted within the private sector, we are expanding further into major public sector projects with VDOT and local municipalities from South Hampton Roads to Richmond. As a family owned and operated business, our emphasis has always been focused on quality and integrity. The reputation we have earned over the last quarter of a century is what has helped us grow and will be what paves the way for us into the future. Yet at the end of each day, we know that every job stamped with our family name must meet the same core values George Nice and Sons, Inc. has always lived by: providing timely and accurate estimates on bids, keeping projects on time and on budget, ensuring the complete satisfaction of those who hire us, maintaining complete and open communications with clients from start to finish, and making sure that everyone who works for us is well-trained and highly capable of performing their duties so accidents and injuries are eliminated from the workplace. In other words, our continued success can only be achieved through the complete satisfaction of our customers and our team members. We can’t think of a better way to conduct business.
Click Here To Apply