Overview: The Medical Scribe ensures accurate and timely documentation of the medical chart under the supervision of the medical provider. The Scribe assists the provider by accompanying them during the patient exam recording detailed information into the electronic medical record (EMR). The Scribe performs other related medical record or clerical duties to increase provider effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity for improved patient flow and satisfaction.
Preparing and assembling medical record documentation/charts for physician(s)
- Entering the patient room with the physician during patient visit to capture and transcribe medical record documentation utilizing electronic medical record applications
- Ensuring medical record compliance by self-documentation attestation to include: Scribe name, title and doctor working for as well as specific date and time entry
- Updating patient history, physical exam and other pertinent health information in the patient record
- Preparing and sending all documentation to physician for review and approval via authentication of detailed data entry and facility-specific procedures
- Monitoring the duration of basic lab results and screening procedures
- Compliance with hospital and ProScribe policies, including those relating to HIPAA and Joint Commission
- Regular and reliable attendance at assigned facility required
- Perform other clerical duties and tasks to improve provider productivity and clinic workflow as assigned
Qualifications: Education/Experience: High school diploma required. College sophomore status or higher preferred. Pre-health career track preferred. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy strongly preferred*
Technical/Computer Skills: *Skilled in operating various medical record software and hardware, word-processing, and database software programs; minimum of 60 WPM preferred.*
Core Competencies: **
- Ability to learn and appropriately apply basic medical terminologies and techniques taught
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to observe and to draft a narrative account of events accurately and cogently, in grammatically-correct
- Ability to spell proofread and edit written
- Keyboard proficiency (approximately 60 words/minute).
- Ability to operate a personal computer and related software applications.
- Strong attention to
- Ability to work in a dynamic, highly-stressful environment that routinely involves exposure to highly-sensitive personal medical
- Ability to multitask, coordinate multiple projects and
- Ability to problem solve under
- Ability to communicate and interact professionally with
- Understanding of and commitment to appropriate protection of confidential patient
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to stand with mobility for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift, hold, push, and pull 20 pounds
- Ability to view computer monitors with close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust your focus with good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to work in a stressful and fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, write, comprehend through listening, and speak fluent English
- Ability to operate a computer and/or laptop through proficient typing, clicking, and viewing a monitor for extended periods
- Ability to handwrite legibly
- Position may require work at more than one location during a scheduled work week.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.41 – $14.91 per hour
- Anatomy knowledge: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Click Here To Apply