If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Claims Representative handles complex and mid-to-high exposure bodily injury and property damage claims under Ryder’s self-administered liability program. This position investigates and adjusts claims, as well as directs defense counsel, independent adjusters, experts, and other vendors in the claims-handling processes.
- Investigates and adjusts claims, as well as directs outside defense counsel, independent adjusters, experts, and other vendors in the claim-handling processes.
- Supervises outside vendors retained for investigations, cost containment, expert witnesses, and litigation management to ensure claims are being handled appropriately according to the applicable jurisdiction.
- Alerts the Claims Manager to changes and proposed changes in laws that could impact Ryder s Liability program.
- Assists Claims Manager in the identification of exposures and recommends solutions.
- On-going interaction with field and operations management, legal counsel, safety managers, customers, insurance carriers, and third party claimants.
- Interacts with Law Department on significant cases, and updates field operations personnel on claims status.
- Recommends and sets reserves to ensure the reserves represent the probable ultimate payout based on documented file developments
- Completes detailed and quality internal reports
- Routinely interacts with primary and excess insurance carriers, and re-insurers on file meeting reporting thresholds.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to handle mid to high exposure claims
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Strong commitment to the principles of customer focus
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of all relevant laws and regulations as well as related medical and legal terminology
- Requires strong claim technical skills
- Superior negotiation skills and ability to deal effectively with claimants and plaintiff attorneys
- Bachelor’s degree required in a related field
- Five (5) years or more experience in Casualty Claims required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Risk Management
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Click Here To Apply