Business Operations Associate
Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We’re the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services), video games (WATA), event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
The PSA/DNA Business Operations Associate will be responsible for performing a variety of tasks within the DNA Operations and tasks relating to Sales support. Primary duties include order prep management, customer relations, and on-site processing. This position will also require being trained and flexible in other areas needed in the NJ Office such as receiving, shipping, processing submissions, sealing, inventory, customer relations, and/or sealing.
You’ll report to Operations Manager and work from our New Jersey office.
What You’ll Do:
- Tends to day-to-day submission needs of existing clients, including receipt of packages and local pick up/drop off
- Creates package numbers for all incoming packages
- Opens, separates, counts, and preps submissions for receiving shelf based on shipping dates and priorities
- At times, enters items into grading system and prepare items for authentication process
- Travels across the United States to regional on-site authentication events to assist East Coast sales team
- Contacts customers via e-mail and phone to resolve any issues such as method of shipping, missing payment, or other order related issues
- Acts as the point of contact when submissions are ready for pick-up and also meets with customers for drop-offs
- Works with Sales/Business team to process ITP and On-Site submissions
- Maintains pricing and contact list to aide in faster processing
- At times, checks in on-site paperwork before processing and creates data excel spreadsheets
- Supports the rest of the processing, receiving, sealing, authentication, sales, shipping teams, and Ops Manager with other duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are:
- Communication Skills -The ability to communicate with others effectively in order to resolve conflicts, solve problems and, most importantly, maintain and generate business.
- Presentation Quality – This employee must exude confidence in service knowledge and our brand when presenting/communicating with customers and represent our company well.
- Organization – This employee must stay organized and be efficient in his/her sales approach since performance is based, in large part, on submissions.
- Problem Solving – This employee must have the right demeanor and ability to deal with problems associated with processing, grading or other related issues. Having good working relations with fellow employees is vital to this position in addition to the ability to handle tough customers.
- Expertise – This employee must demonstrate expertise in our services and the collectibles market, as well as the general world of sports and entertainment. It is crucial that the employee continually build his/her base of knowledge. Learning hobby lingo/terms, understanding market challenges, values of collectibles, etc. all assists in the sales process.
- Teamwork – This employee must maintain solid working relationships with fellow employees, especially in operations, to maximize performance. Constant communication with our operations staff, mainly the manager, is necessary to ensure that we can deliver what is promised to the customer.
Reasons To Join Us:
- Health Insurance: All full-time employees are eligible to enroll in Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(K) Matching Plan: We are proud to offer a competitive 401k matching plan to our employees to support their future financial goals
- Vacation: All full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for nine company paid holidays
- Employee Discounts: Employees receive discounts on select grading services for approved submissions
- Flexible Hours: Many of our teams offer flexible schedules with varying shifts and will work with you to accommodate your needs
- Fun Working Environment: Our team members are invited to participate in celebrations, holiday events, and team building activities
Collectors Universe is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA) is the largest and most trusted third-party trading card authentication and grading company in the world. Since its inception in 1991, PSA has certified over 40 million cards and collectibles with a cumulative declared value of over a billion dollars. PSA is a division of Collectors Universe, Inc. For more information, visit www.PSAcard.com.
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), WATA Games, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit www.collectorsuniverse.com.
Please submit your resume and completed application to: [email protected]
Click Here To Apply