Start the next chapter of your Nursing Career! The Pennsylvania Department of Corrections is actively seeking devoted and passionate Registered Nurses. As a Corrections’ Nurse, you will will enjoy working with experienced auxiliary staff and will have excellent managerial support. At the Department of Corrections, we work together as a dedicated team where collaboration and communication are integral.
We offer an excellent compensation package, including competitive income, generous paid time off, health insurance, and an excellent retirement package. We want to hear from you, so apply today!
The Corrections’ Nurse is responsible for the 24-hour health care of offenders at their assigned Institution. Duties may vary based on area of assignment. You will be conducting physical assessments in response to offender ailments, establishing a nursing diagnosis, and referring offenders to a practitioner. You will be providing medication and treatment as ordered and monitoring medication compliance by offenders and observing the effectiveness of medication. You will also be providing health related education to staff and offenders and maintaining department compliance for inspections.
If you have the required medical experience as indicated below and wish to explore a rewarding career that offers the opportunity to share your skills while earning a great salary, apply today!
Work Hours and Additional Information:
- Position available 2nd shift (1:30 PM – 10:00 PM); 30 minute lunch.
- Rotating days off, 5 days a week, 8 hour shifts, 40 hour workweek.
- This position is eligible for full retirement benefits at age 50 or 55.
Please Note: Selected candidates who are new to employment within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania will begin employment at the starting annual salary of $76,592 (before taxes).
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Please check your email, including spam folders, for these notices.
If you are selected for hire and you are not a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the start of your employment. You are considered to be fully vaccinated two weeks after your second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTech vaccines) or two weeks after receiving a one-dose COVID-19 vaccine (e.g., the Johnson & Johnson vaccine). If you are not fully vaccinated prior to the start of your employment, or you have not received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, your job offer will be rescinded.
If you are selected for hire and you are a current Commonwealth employee, this position requires you to be either fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position OR undergo weekly testing for COVID-19. Unless you have received an accommodation exempting you from the Commonwealth’s vaccination policy based on a medical or religious reason, if you are not fully vaccinated prior to starting in this position and you refuse to undergo weekly COVID-19 testing, your job offer will be rescinded.
Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a current license to practice as a registered nurse issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing; or possession of a non-renewable temporary practice permit issued by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
Condition of Employment – Require that employees possessing a non-renewable temporary practice permits must obtain licensure as a Registered Nurse within the one year period defined by the Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing.
- PA residency currently waived for this title.
- Do not submit resumes, cover letters, and similar documents. These documents will not be reviewed and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position or to determine your score. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are within 60 days of graduating from a school of nursing approved by the State Board of Nursing, you are eligible to apply for this job posting. At the time of appointment to a position, you must show proof of possession of a current, valid PA temporary practice permit or PA Registered Nurse license.
- Must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require submission of criminal history reports.
- You must pass a background investigation.
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
Click Here To Apply