The Ground Paramedic is responsible for delivery of care to patients of Life Flight Network (LFN). The Ground Paramedic provides patient care and safely operates ground ambulances in accordance to the guidelines and protocols of LFN. The Ground Paramedic works varied shifts and must be available to cover on-call shifts. The Ground Paramedic may be required to drive personal or company vehicles from time to time when business needs necessitate.
High school graduate or equivalent. Minimum three years’ experience as a Paramedic, preferably in a large metropolitan area. Current licensure and/or certification as listed below.
- Paramedic certification as appropriate to assigned location
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification
- State issued driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- Pre-hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) certification
- Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate and work with a variety or people one-on-one and in large groups, often in highly stressful situations
- Ability to work varied shifts and cover call shifts
TEAMWORK: Cooperation, adaptability, flexibility, communication, dependability, supports team goals.
- Works collaboratively with all departments.
- Establishes and maintains open communication to enhance team effort.
- Demonstrates flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work volume, emergencies, staffing and scheduling.
- Fulfills work schedule and commitments.
- Looks for opportunities to assist co-workers.
RESPECT AND CARING: Compassion, customer relations, professional behavior, confidentiality, valuing diversity.
- Uses interpersonal skills to convey a positive and supportive attitude.
- Uses discretion in discussions related to staffing or personal concerns.
- Gives constructive feedback in a non-blaming, positive and confidential manner.
Makes continuous effort to identify opportunities to meet/exceed customer needs and
- Demonstrates commitment to understanding and valuing individual differences and fosters an environment of acceptance, fairness and mutual respect.
EFFECTIVE USE OF RESOURCES: Effective use of time, people, supplies, safe and attentive work practices.
- Works in a safe manner.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Promotes cost effectiveness through the proper use and conservation of supplies and equipment.
- Identifies cost saving measures.
Reports needed repairs or potential hazards to the appropriate department as soon as
- Reports all on-the-job injuries and seeks medical attention as appropriate.
INITIATIVE: Self-motivation, takes on projects willingly, acts on opportunities to improve, and contributes new ideas.
- Takes the initiative to identify and solve problems.
- Supports improvement and innovation in the workplace.
- Demonstrates awareness of and supports LFN goals through participation in continuous quality improvement and departmental activities.
- Promotes professional development and contributes to the professional growth of others.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Works to deliver age appropriate (Pediatric, Adult, Geriatric) patient care.
- Works with crewmembers as needed in providing accurate and complete patient care documentation per the standards established by LFN.
- Assists in providing written and/or verbal patient follow-up to referring hospitals or agencies.
- Assists with equipment retrieval and return to appropriate agencies.
- Works with the crewmembers in cleaning and restocking equipment in a timely manner to place an aircraft back in service as soon as possible.
- Works with crewmembers in completing inventories and monthly checks, ordering supplies and maintaining equipment in working order.
- Works with crewmembers in day-to-day operations of LFN.
- May compile statistical data or work on related projects as assigned by the Base Manager or Director of Clinical Operations.
SAFETY: The expectations of all customers are understood and exceeded through the provision of quality services.
- Helps to ensure the safe operation of the vehicles for the protection of the patient, crewmembers and personnel on the scene.
- Enforces LFN safety policies and assists ambulance operations.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Participates in the development of LFN business and operations plans to meet medical transport service and financial performance goals.
- Encourages a favorable public opinion of LFN through personal contact with patients, community agencies and hospitals.
- Provides education to the public as requested.
The above accountabilities represent work performed by this position and are not
all-inclusive. The omission of a specific accountability will not preclude it from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical extension of the position.
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Long term care, flexible spending (Company pays for employee 100%)
- 401k – with 100% vested employer contribution of 4%
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Pet insurance
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at almost 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Click Here To Apply