Working with us is more than just a job-it is an opportunity to love and serve seniors, their families, the team that serves while being a part of a dynamic team! Working with us provides the space to share your passion and dedication while making a difference in the lives of those we serve each day.
We are currently seeking a Medication Supervisor to join our team.
- Assist or administers medications to residents assuring they receive the proper dosage at the proper time based in physician orders, company policy, and State regulations.
- Maintains all required documentation in compliance with physician orders, company policy, and State regulations.
- Assures availability of all medications prescribed for a resident and that medication on hand is that which is prescribed, is not expired, and is properly labeled in compliance with company policy and State regulations.
- Maintains a clean and orderly med cart and med room at all times in compliance with company policy and State requirements.
- Performs monthly checks of vital signs and weights as assigned and maintains records of monthly vital signs and weights for each resident in compliance with company policy and State requirements.
- Conducts monthly medications counseling for residents who self-administer their medication.
- Maintains records of medications released to and returned by any resident or family member in compliance with company policy and State regulation.
- Maintains records of all current medications for each resident in compliance with company policy and State regulations.
- Maintains records of controlled drugs incompliance with company policy and State regulations.
- Maintains drug destruction records in conjunction with pharmaceutical consultant and in compliance with company policy and State regulations.
- Is responsible for handling emergency situations such as resident illness or accident, staff illness or accident, or building emergency at any time management staff is not in the facility. When the Resident Care Director or Executive Director is in the community, the Medication Supervisor will assist in responding to an emergency page or need and assessing the situation, determines the proper course of action, and assures such action is accomplished.
- Is responsible for accurately completing all forms and communication notes related to and required by company policy and State regulations regarding medication administration and/or supervision.
- Is responsible for observing residents? physical and mental/emotional status and for communicating these observations to the Resident Care Director and the Executive Director.
- Is responsible for monitoring how well other staff perform resident care tasks and reporting these observations to the Resident Care Director and the Executive Director.
- Is responsible for assisting residents in any wany when a Resident Assistant is unable or unavailable to assist.
- Observes implementation of the weekend activity program for residents and reports any finding to Resident Care Director.
- Communicate any unusual events to the Resident Care Director, the Executive Director, or the Manage on-call. Examples of such events include:
- A resident injury or illness
- A resident returning from the hospital
- A building emergency
- A staff call-in
- A staff problem that affects care of residents, etc.
- Is observant for situations in the facility that may pose a safety hazard to residents or staff. Reports observations immediately to supervisor.
- Attends all meetings and in services as requested by the Resident Care Director or Executive Director.
- Is available to work days, times, or positions other than those scheduled as requested by the Resident Care Director or Executive Director.
- May not clock out until the relief for the next shift arrives. To do so would jeopardize the health and safety of the residents.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with safety rules.
- Performs other duties as may from time to time be requested by Resident Care Director or Executive Director.
A candidate for Medication Supervisor must possess exemplary work ethics, excellent communication skills, leadership capabilities, and a love of the elderly. Must be a high school graduate or equivalent. The Medication Supervisor must be detail oriented. Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull 40 pounds, to move about the facility quickly, and be able to physically assist residents daily and in emergencies.
Preference may be given to Certified Medication Aides.
Click Here To Apply