The Primetals-Columbus Facility is the exclusive caster maintenance supplier for Steel Dynamic’s state-of-the-art steel facility. As pioneers at heart, we explore what’s next in metals production. We are driven to pioneer new solutions that will define tomorrow’s world of metals. We aim high, we try hard, and we persevere. Our curiosity fuels our passion to find new frontiers. It is what gets us up in the morning.
Our expertise and technological advancements for the maintenance, repair and manufacture of continuous caster mold, segments, rolls and related components allow us to provide our customers an exceptional value in workmanship and quality assurance with every job
Our Primetals-Columbus, MS facility is currently hiring for the following position:
The Accounting Supervisor will report to the Business Segment Controller. The position requires cross-functional support in reporting financials and key metrics and in-depth analyses to help drive business change and results. This position will work closely with the local Operation departments.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Manage customer purchase orders by alerting operations and establishing jobs accordingly
- Monitor job cost throughout the month and alert operations to any issues
- Manages accounts receivable by reviewing and invoicing completed jobs.
- Codes accounts payable invoices
- Prepares monthly and year end forecasts
- Produces financial reports for location
- Review expenditures, analyze variances and provide recommendations to operations
- Work with operations to establish inventory jobs as needed.
- Manage inventory balances
- Coordinate monthly and yearly cycle counts
- Maintains fiscal files and records
- Data analysis for tracking and reporting on operational and financial metrics
- Audit Support
- Other tasks as assigned
Required Knowledge/skills, Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills, especially Excel, knowledge of Access a strong plus
- Knowledge of SAP and Kronos systems a strong plus
- Experience in job cost accounting
- Experience in the supervision of others
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- The ability to effectively mine data and draw relevant results on business performance
- Self-starter, able to work independently to prioritize tasks and meet tight deadlines
Primetals Technologies offers a full range of benefits starting with first day of employment, including vacation, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), employee referral bonuses, and over $5K annually in education reimbursement.
At Primetals Technologies, we value difference for the benefit of our Employees, our Customers and our Community. Primetals Technologies is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.
Click Here To Apply