Evergreen Health Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Business Office Manager to join our team.
The position of Business Office Manager (BOM) is responsible for maintaining CommuniCare Health Services (CHS) business office policies and procedures and direct supervision of the Assistant BOM. The BOM must be able to effectively communicate with the Executive Director, Regional Team, and Business Office Staff as well as interact effectively with external clients such as families, attorneys, and outside agencies. The position must function as both a team member and leader to ensure that work is accomplished and quality service is delivered while supporting team members and leading the way in celebrating team successes. With a focus on delivering quality service, the position must also manage the resources within their control and assist others in managing resources.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete weekly BOM Admission Checklist and present weekly at morning stand up to reduce exceptions
- Verify and tie out the midnight census testing for validity and accuracy on a daily basis
- Reference Policy Midnight Census
- Complete admission procedures in absence of Admissions Coordinator
- Conduct weekly Medicaid pending/collection blitz meeting with facility staff
- Reference Policies Collection Blitz and Medicaid Pending Log and Meetings
- Complete root cause analysis on accounts that contribute to bad debt then advise Executive Director regarding types of issues identified and proposed solutions
- Complete insurance forms per request
- Attend Utilization Review (UR) and/or PPS meeting as necessary
- Supervise, organize, evaluate, and monitor all business office support staff
- Meet with resident/responsible parties upon admission and discharge to discuss financial obligations
- Complete and coordinate tasks necessary for timely and accurate billing and collection.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, education classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality of care.
- Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and home office policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
QUALIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Must have 3 – 5 years’ experience in the business office of a Long Term Care facility
- College degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, or related field
- Prior supervisory experience and management training.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Medicare. Medicaid, Private Insurance, Managed Care costing and analysis, personnel management, accounts receivable/collections, resident funds, accounts payable, general ledger, and management of information systems.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with team members, other staff, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies, and the general public.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles.
- Must be able to use a computer literate and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office but not limited to Excel and Word.
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, “to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others.” Through this effort we create “Caring Communities” where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.
COVID Vaccines are available for CommuniCare employees. In conjunction with our pharmacy partners , we are currently offering free COVID vaccines to employees! You can protect yourself, your family, and your community from COVID by getting vaccinated at no charge.
924 Charlie’s Way, Montpelier, Ohio 43543, United States of America
Click Here To Apply