The dispatcher position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Answering the phones
- Dispatching ambulances to calls
- Providing directions to crews as needed
- Transferring calls to various members of management
- Communicating daily reports to managers
- Call transcribing into a CAD system
- And maintaining the daily schedule of calls and adjusting as necessary throughout the day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (listed but not limited to):
- Answer multiple phone lines
- Multitask between phone calls, communications from ambulance crews, and county radios
- Monitor multiple systems/programs on a computer
- Type 45 wpm or greater
- Provide positive customer service both internally and externally
- Have a good understanding of Bay Area freeways, hospitals, and traffic patterns
- Provide timely reports to the management team
- Adjust daily call schedule as needed
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Must have good auditory abilities
- Must be able to type 45 wpm or greater
- Must have good customer service skills
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of Emergency Medical Service Industry
- Must have reliable transportation to job site
- Must be able to communicate effectively with managerial staff
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to handle high stress situations and call volumes
- Emergency Medical Technician/Emergency Medical Dispatch certificate highly desired
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- $18 to $22 an hour depending on experience and shift type
- Production based bonuses
- Full Kaiser medical benefits
- Dental and Vision benefits
- Holiday pay
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $22.00 per hour
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Contact Management systems; Dispatch Software Database software; Internet software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Click Here To Apply