Under general supervision, coordinate, lead, plan, promote, organize, implement, schedule and evaluate recreational
activities and special events. Activities may include, arts and crafts, gymnastics, sports, games, music, dance, picnics,
social recreation, cultural and handicrafts for a diverse population.
· Determine group interests, evaluate equipment and facilities, and adapt activities to meet participant needs.
· Greet new arrivals to activities, introducing them to other participants, explaining facility rules, and
· Explain principles, techniques, and safety procedures to participants in recreational activities, and demonstrate
use of materials and equipment.
· Plan, organize, promote and conduct a wide range of recreation activities and events.
· Write advertising and promotional materials to stimulate participation and support for recreational activities
· Promote classes and activities.
· Schedule maintenance and use of facilities.
· Settle disputes between groups or individuals regarding use of facilities.
· Confer with management in order to discuss and resolve participant complaints.
· Coordinate use of facilities to prevent individuals from interfering with one another.
· Collect fees, if applicable.
· Inform players of rules concerning conduct or equipment and enforce rules.
· Explain rules and procedures.
· Assist in the control of equipment and supplies.
· Supervise activities.
· Enforce rules and regulations of recreational facilities in order to maintain discipline and ensure safety.
· Promote and maintain good public relations and customer service.
· Assist with recreation programs, classes and activities as needed.
· Render emergency first aid and CPR according to prescribed procedures, and notify emergency medical
personnel when necessary.
· Patrol facilities to detect damage to facilities and report damages to appropriate authority.
· Other duties as required.
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Activities Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of a variety of recreational activities and the ability to communicate that ability into organized
· Basic first aid and CPR procedures
· Methods of supervising recreation activities.
· Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with staff and public.
· Competent in communication, creativity, innovation, customer service, interpersonal skills, planning, problem
solving, and teamwork.
· Ability to lift 50 – 100 lbs following appropriate safety procedures
· Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time
· Be able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting,
kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time
· Be able to reach overhead
· Ability to work in different environmental working conditions (e.g. heat, cold, wind, rain, humidity)
· Be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks
· Repeat various motions with the wrists, hands and fingers
· Have full range of mobility in upper and lower body
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Click Here To Apply