We are looking for caring and dedicated full-time and part-time Med-Techs for our newly renovated community located in the charming resort town of Naples, Florida. Come be a part of Naples Green Village. We pride ourselves to uphold the “Concordis Way” we honor the human spirit in every individual and are passionate about giving the highest quality of life to those who have given to us for generations. Our mantra for service is “whatever it takes” while staying true to our core values: Teamwork, Integrity, Passion and Empowerment.
The Med-Tech provides residents with medication administration and treatment assistance and services according to health care provider’s orders, treats each resident with respect and dignity, recognizes individual needs, and encourages independence while fostering a homelike atmosphere throughout the community.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists or supervises residents who self-administer medication. Follows physician orders and state laws to administer medications to residents who cannot self-administer their medications. Exhibits understanding of and follows medication policies and procedures.
- Passes morning, afternoon and evening medications, staying with each resident until the medication is consumed, then charts appropriately.
- Maintains upkeep and cleanliness of medication carts and medication room, wipes down top of medication cart daily.
- Keeps the medication carts appropriately stocked.
- Responsible for recording and/ or restocking of medications from pharmacy after receiving proper instructions. Responsible for locking and storing narcotics (according to company policy) until turned over to pharmacy.
- Maintains accurate, complete and confidential resident medication and care records, according to established procedure and charts any unusual incident or information in resident progress notes and in staff communication log.
- Documents any and all changes in communication log along with giving a brief report to on-coming Medication Technicians. Immediately report signs of resident changes to supervisor or Executive Director.
- Fills out Incident Report for resident and/ or personnel when an incident occurs on shift.
- Takes and records vital signs as ordered and otherwise when necessary, i.e., monthly or daily as instructed by supervisor.
- Notifies a supervisor at once if noting any adverse reaction of medication on resident or awareness of medication error.
- Observes and communicates to the Nurse, Director of Nursing or Executive Director any changes in resident physical or mental status.
- Communicates, as needed, with physicians, families and other appropriate parties concerning resident status, changes in status, need for appointment, etc.
- Resident care duties required when not passing meds.
- May assist with serving meals to residents in the dining room or apartments. May assist in preparing meals following pre-planned menus. Encourages residents to eat a proper diet and take adequate fluids while respecting the resident’s right to free choice. Records and reports changes in resident’s eating habits to the supervisor.
- Maintains residents’ records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy and procedures. This includes documentation related to: medication distribution; leisure activities; incidents and observations; charting any changes in resident’s physical condition and/or behavior; visitors; etc. Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident and promptly report all changes to the supervisor.
- Follows proper procedures in emergency situations and responds promptly and positively to resident request for assistance – including emergency pull cords, telephone calls, and request from family and friends.
- Knows location of each resident, reminds them to sign out when they leave the building, and notifies the supervisor immediately if unable to locate a resident.
- Provides verbal encouragement and support to residents.
- Prioritizes tasks to ensure optimum services to residents as requests and needs change.
- Follows policies and procedures to ensure resident safety.
- Encourages teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Complies with all federal, state and other applicable healthcare and safety standards.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Flexible with schedule and available to work evening, weekends and holidays.
- Must be flexible, innovative, persistent and committed to successful completion of assignments.
- Must pay attention to detail, be flexible/adaptable, and be sensitive to the needs of residents.
- Must be able to work independently within a team environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Maintains neat appearance, good hygiene and appropriate attire.
- Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or co-workers.
- Supports a dignified and caring atmosphere with residents, residents’ families, visitors and Team Members.
- Maintains safe and secure working environment and practices safe working habits.
- Participates in training, in services, and attends meetings as required.
- Protects privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to the resident, team member, residence, company information and records.
- Successfully completes and passes the required Medication Management program and completes annual training as required by state regulations.
- High school diploma or GED or six (6) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience or knowledge working with the elderly and those living with dementia/Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Must enjoy working with seniors.
- Must possess high-energy/enthusiasm, be a self-starter, and is willing to do whatever it takes to provide residents with quality care.
If this is you, we want to speak with you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medication Administration: 1 year (Required)
- CNA (Preferred)
- Certified Medication Aide (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply