Ledgecrest Health Care Center, is a 60 bed skilled nursing community located in Berlin CT. Easily accessible from Route 91 and 15, Ledgecrest Health Care Center has an excellent community reputation and historically strong census. Ledgecrest has been recognized as the best nursing home by the U.S. News and World Report, Short-Term Rehabilitation 2020-2021. We take pride in our familial environment, decades of staff longevity, and our commitment to quality care which sets us apart from our competitors.
Apple Rehab is a family owned and operated company that treats residents and staff like family too. Our expert team of senior management is located at our home office, right in Avon, CT, ensuring superior care from a local company. Our leadership is not across the country, but rather in your backyard.
RN Registered Nurse Infection Preventionist & Staff Development Coordinator
Staff Development Functions:
Plans, controls, and executes the implementation of new hire orientation and ongoing training programs for all personnel to ensure the maintenance and continuity of a high standard of services throughout the facility.
Infection Prevention Functions:
The RN Registered Nurse Infection Preventionist & Staff Development Coordinator plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates the infection control program. Researches current literature and technical reports to ensure that the facility’s infection control processes and procedures are maintained to appropriate standards. Communicates compliance related issues to appropriate parties. Monitors, through surveillance and inspection, as appropriate, to ensure that proper infection prevention procedures are being followed consistently and within quality standards.
The RN Registered Nurse Infection Preventionist & Staff Development Coordinator collaborates with and assists supervisors and professionals in training and educating all personnel as to the importance of required infection prevention procedures. Prepares required reports for quarterly medical staff meetings.
The RN Registered Nurse Infection Preventionist & Staff Development Coordinator monitors all residents and staff infections. Tracks and oversees reporting of any outbreaks within the facility. Also coordinates and tracks IV and antiobiotic usage within resident population. Consults on wound care and tracks wounds and skin issues of all types. Provides direct nursing care as needed by the Nursing Services Department.
The preferred candidate will be wound care certified in accordance with requirements of the CMS Mega Rule.
- Must hold a current state RN license and be a nurse in good standing.
- Must meet all applicable federal and state licensure requirements.
- Ability to supervise and instruct others.
- Attention to detail, good follow through skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Previous experience in a hospital or long term care facility.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative, and infection control requirements, OSHA laws and regulations, nursing and medical practices, and guidelines governing long term care.
- Demonstrates cooperation in assisting others and ability to work as a team.
- Patience, tact, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude toward the residents and their support networks.
Apple Rehab offers an attractive benefit package for employees of 30 hours or greater that may include the following:
- Scholarships and career growth opportunities
- 4 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Call-a-Doc / 24-7 MD telephone service
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Program
- Longevity Credit
Click Here To Apply