Summary of Position:
The Purchasing Agent will facilitate the procurement process for Motion Control Corporation. In this role, you will process purchasing for distribution, project, service and parts orders as well as assist with returns, order entry, repairs, physical inventory, and shipping & receiving.
Responsibilities, Frequent Tasks:
- Purchases goods and services according to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Enter quotes, orders and invoices for distribution, service, parts and system orders in Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Enter acknowledgement numbers into MS Dynamics GP, verify quantities, and enter pricing and ship dates.
- Run OPOR reports and update GP frequently to ensure accuracy (i.e. shipping information and completed purchase prders).
- Process reorder reports and check for shortages.
- Close out jobs and make any necessary adjustments.
- Process new repairs.
- Enter Bill of Material into GP and run project reports.
- Process Bill of Material change requests and send out RFQs.
- Issue quotes
- Assist with shipping and receiving (i.e. process parts, run reports, ship parts & distribution orders).
Responsibilities, Occasional Tasks:
- Run reports to identify unused parts and return parts when possible.
- Document returns in GP.
- Work closely with with Inside Sales on customer returns and process credit through GP.
- Maintain ISO documentation and perform audits.
- Ensure instruments are calibrated and current per ISO requirements.
- Coordinate with team to maintain inventory levels.
- Document and track parts out on loan.
- Generate tags for physical inventory.
- Assist with counting of physical inventory; verify count and investigate discripancies.
- Generate purchase requisitions for miscellaneous items asneeded.
- Work closely with and support other departments as needed (i.e. generate RFQs, shipping items to customers, running reports for engineering team, provide backup support to Inside Sales).
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience sourcing electrical and/or mechanical components used in manufacturing.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate the web and input data quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or similar ERP software.
- Self-organized with demonstrable attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to interact with customers and communicate effectively.
- Strong professional negotiation skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Competitive Wage
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Group Term Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) with Match
Company Description: * Motion Control Corporation is a Michigan-based distributor and integrator that specializes in end-of-line transmission, EV and battery test systems and the robotic, motion control, vision, networking, PLC and safety systems used in manufacturing. The company designs and builds press feed controls, drive panels used in transmission test, EV battery test panels, and custom controls used in automated torque, test, forming, packaging and assembly applications.
Additional Information: *
Motion Control Corporation conducts background checks and drug screens on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer by means of a third-party administrator.
Motion Control Corporation is an “equal opportunity employer.” The Company will not discriminate in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of _age, color, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, national origin, partisan consideration, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation as defined by federal and state laws and regulations.
COVID Precautions are in place._
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 – $32.00 per hour
Click Here To Apply