Associated Home Care, an Amedisys company, is the leading provider of personal home care in the state of Massachusetts in addition to its service areas around Jacksonville, Florida and Knoxville, Tennessee. From companionship to around-the-clock in-home care, our customized services are designed to bring peace of mind to individuals needing extra care for their families. Customizing care to each client’s need is an important part of the service plan and can always be adjusted as needs change.
Our specially trained nurses and caregivers are available from one to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. After an initial assessment over the phone or in person, our nurse will personally visit with the client and family members to discuss the most beneficial and cost-effective services.
As a personal care team member, you’ll be a true advocate engaging clients throughout their coordinated daily living activities, all while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you’re looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
The Home Health Aide assists clients with non-skilled nursing tasks as well as household tasks in accordance with relevant local, state and federal agencies and with a care plan developed by a clinician in accordance with state and local laws and regulations. The Home Health Aide supports and encourages clients in self-help and optimal level of independence or participation in activities of daily living and home management as related to comfort, care, and safety of a client in the home. The Home Health Aide provides care for medically complex clients including clients with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorders, mental illness and clients under a hospice program.
- Performs and assists clients with activities of daily living including: bathing, dressing, grooming, skin care, mouth care, foot care, and toileting.
- Performs non-skilled nursing tasks including: exercises that may include range of motion exercises, ambulation, regular skin care, care to pressure point areas, dressing changes, safe client transfers including transfers with mechanical devices or partners, using and maintaining special equipment and supplies appropriately, oral hygiene and hair care.
- Monitors and records vital signs including temperature, pulse, and respirations and monitors liquid intakes and outputs.
- Provides medication reminders.
- Plans, prepares, and serves meals according to dietary instructions.
- Accompanies client on errands or runs errands for the client, including shopping for food and household supplies.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for client by performing household services.
- Engages in stimulating conversation and activities.
- Communicates and reports any changes or concerns regarding clients in a timely manner.
- Cooperates with all other caregivers to deliver excellent care to clients and participates in multi-disciplinary care delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexible, sensitive to the needs of others, reliable, and able to cope with emergencies.
- Successful completion of the Home Health Aide training or its equivalent or a current, unencumbered CNA license with successful completion of the Home Health Aide crossover training or its equivalent.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
PRN Employee Benefits Include:
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Paid Sick Time (MA Only)
- Employee Assistance Program
Employees working on average of 30 hours or more per week during the first 60 days of employment will be eligible to enroll in the health insurance plan the first day of the month following date of hire or status change.
Part-Time Employees receive the same benefits as PRN Employees plus:
- Health and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and AD&D Insurance
Click Here To Apply