The Contra Costa Youth Continuum of Services (CCYCS) program is a public/private partnership with Contra Costa Health Services Homeless Program. CCYCS operates with the philosophy that every young person has the ability to make good choices for themselves, when provided with gentle guidance, support, and positive opportunities. We value the diversity, determination, resiliency, and strength that all youth bring to our doors. (www.cchealth.org/homeless/homeless-youth.php)
Under the supervision of the CCYCS Site Supervisor, the individual in this position supervises and enforces the daily routine activities of any assigned youth site, including a 15-bed shelter facility and 6-bed transitional housing program. Youth, between the ages of 18-24 years old, receive temporary housing and supportive services. The role of the Youth Specialists is to monitor youth compliance with daily operations and provide additional support as needed, such as counseling, coaching, and crisis intervention.
- Supervision of youth in an emergency shelter and transitional living programs
- Conducts phone screenings for new clients, completes client intake and exits
- Supports hours of operation by providing wake-up calls, medication reminders, setting up meals, motivating youth to engage in daily activities, chore assistance, and enforcing curfew and quiet hours
- Facilitate recreational groups onsite to promote positive interactions among all residents
- Facilitate offsite outings to local outings and accompany youth to community events; County vehicle is available with proof of Driver license and insurance
- Maintain professional and objective documentation in a Staff Shift Log
- Provides one on one counseling or intervention support to youth facing challenges following program rules or activities; issues write-ups as necessary
- Ability to handle and document emergency incidents, including medical, mental health, violent and/or other unanticipated events, including evacuation due to earthquake, chemical release, incarceration, or other incidents.
- Reports and seeks immediate assistance during any unsafe or unusual occurrences; in the absence of onsite management the Youth Specialist contacts on-call management during evening and weekend hours
- Conducts and documents hourly site walk through inside and outside to ensure a safe and comfortable living safe for staff and residents
- Keeps a clean and welcoming facility at all times by doing light housekeeping/general clean-up of all inside and outdoor spaces; stocks up program supplies as needed
- Attend all mandatory meetings and trainings
- Other duties as required
- Successful applicants must have a high school diploma and ideally 1 year experience working with youth or desire to work with the homeless youth population
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of the community and the condition of homeless, street and runaway youth.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Applicants who are bilingual in Spanish or Southeast Asian languages are encouraged to apply.
- Successful applicants must have a high school diploma/GED
Handling / Fingering Frequently
Reach Outward Occasionally
Reach Above Shoulder Occasionally
Climb, Crawl, Kneel, Bend Occasionally
Lift / Carry Occasionally – Up to 50 lbs
Push/Pull Occasionally – Up to 50 lbs
Taste/ Smell Not Applicable
Not Applicable Not required for essential functions
Occasionally (0 – 2 hrs/day)
Frequently (2 – 5 hrs/day)
Constantly (5+ hrs/day)
General office setting in a residential youth program
Heluna Health is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that encourages minorities, women, veterans, and disabled to apply.
High School or better.
1 year: experience working with youth or desire to work with the homeless youth population
Licenses & Certifications
Click Here To Apply